JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bumpstock is a different animal, bc they don't meet the statutory definition to be regulated.

The FRT style is an interesting case for regulation. It shouldn't fall under NFA regulation, but I saw the WOT guys showing off their product, and they had a significant amount of trouble NOT firing multiple rounds per trigger pull.

What were forgetting is that the ATF can just call them SBRs that are illegal under the NFA without ANY rulemaking, because 99% of brace owners are using them to shoulder firearms that operate like a rifle that have barrels shorter than 16". In some ways the rule is fair warning, and the free tax stamp is a mea culpa for giving advice that people relied on.

Honestly, I want my free tax stamp so I can add a real stock.
:s0128:

Again. Please confine posts here to pistol brace rule litigation and updates. There is an over abundance of threads available to discuss all the ins/outs, opinions on the rule and how to comply with filing instruction.

So how much is it to register it as a sbr and do you have to wait? I wonder how many people are going to comply with this bs.

So how much is it to register it as a sbr and do you have to wait?

.... may have the info you seek or a good place to ask that question.

So the bumpstock ban wasn't struck down?

Go buy one.

Go buy one.

My Federal Appeals Court strikes down bumpstock ban article is from this year

So how much is it to register it as a sbr and do you have to wait? I wonder how many people are going to comply with this bs.
Do it within 90 (edit: 120 days, see below) days of the published rule there is no fee. Yes, you'll have to wait, but take off your brace and shoot it if you want to.

Do it within 90 (edit: 120 days, see below) days of the published rule there is no fee. Yes, you'll have to wait, but take off your brace and shoot it if you want to.
You don't have to take off the brace if you have applied under the final rule. ATF says keep a copy of the "submitted" confirmation email with the gun and you are covered.

But that does not mean you can exchange for a stock or add a front vertical grip (until you actually get approval). At least I've never heard atf say you can. But brace is ok. After approval you can swap for a stock, add vertical grip, etc.

You don't have to take off the brace if you have applied under the final rule. ATF says keep a copy of the "submitted" confirmation email with the gun and you are covered.

But that does not mean you can exchange for a stock or add a front vertical grip (until you actually get approval). At least I've never heard atf say you can. But brace is ok. After approval you can swap for a stock, add vertical grip etc.
I asked my ATF IOI ( inspector) . She said keep the brace on until it clears

Back in the 90s when the ATF redefined the striker 12, USAS-12 and street sweeper drum fed shotguns as destructive devices they offered a similar "free $200 registration" to existing owners With a timeline in which the gun had to be registered or become contraband. When the approved ATF form finally came back they were just stamped approved but no tax stamp was issued/affixed to the form. I wonder if they will actually issue a tax stamp this time or just an approved form. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, hopefully an inJunction will be slapped on it and we will never have to find out!

Last Edited:
Back in the 90s when the ATF redefined the striker 12, USAS-12 and street sweeper drum fed shotguns as destructive devices they offered a similar "free $200 registration" to existing owners With a timeline in which the gun had to be registered or become contraband. When the approved ATF form finally came back they were just stamped approved but no tax stamp was issued/affixed to the form. I wonder if they will actually issue a tax stamp this time or just an approved form, it be interesting to see how this plays out...Hopefully inJunction will be slapped on it and will never have to find out!
No tax stamp . And they gave 6 years for the DD's to be registered and there were maybe what? 10K total. Now they give 120 days to do 10+ million with a website that is bad on good days.

@wired can you confirm that the NICS systems is down? I was just headed out the door to get pick up another lower and got a call from my FFL. He received an email stating that the NICS system has experienced some type of major failure and is down. My guess is this will become more common as the influx of new applications continues. What a PITA.

@wired can you confirm that the NICS systems is down? I was just headed out the door to get pick up another lower and got a call from my FFL. He received an email stating that the NICS system has experienced some type of major failure and is down. My guess is this will become more common as the influx of new applications continues. What a PITA.
Hmmm kinda makes me wonder if OSP was expecting OR Supreme Court to throw out the injunction yesterday and they were going to switch back to m114 mode. Just speculation.

No tax stamp . And they gave 6 years for the DD's to be registered and there were maybe what? 10K total. Now they give 120 days to do 10+ million with a website that is bad on good days.
It was outrageous and unconstitutional when they did it back then! What is happening this time is all of that and also logistically impossible IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top