JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not one of them committed any actual crimes other than firearms charges .
"Something" obviously brought them the attention of LE. Or as you said that 10 out of 10 will rat you out and not knowing the details, I guess I can see where otherwise law abiding might come under scrutiny, however.... I don't subscribe to the "10 out of 10" belief and would dare say... make better choices in the people you choose to associate with.. or share the details of your life with.

The point being that a cluster example doesn't make "the rule" as it's just as easy to point out the other "99%" of those that may not be 100% in compliance... for years... have never been bothered once and don't personally know of anyone that has.

Just sayin... the propensity to point out an isolated case charged under the maximum penalty is largely just a scare tactic and not "reality" of what is "typical", IMHO. Conforming your life out of fear is exactly what "they" want.

Like saying don't ever jaywalk! In OR you will face a class B misdemeanor, 6 months in jail and a $2500 fine! (Because it's happened before) ;)

UC is not a work of entire fiction. It's a historical fiction novel. Fiction, but with many of the plot points based upon fact. I assumed you knew that...
Again , I do not know of anyone in at least the last 40 years that , once their legally granted form 1 or 4 was approved , then had their stamp rescinded and firearm confiscated other than in cases where they had become a prohibited person. . If you have cases to cite I'd love to hear about them .

"Something" obviously brought them the attention of LE. Or as you said that 10 out of 10 will rat you out and not knowing the details, I guess I can see where otherwise law abiding might come under scrutiny, however.... I don't subscribe to the "10 out of 10" belief and would dare say... make better choices in the people you choose to associate with.. or share the details of your life with.

The point being that a cluster example doesn't make "the rule" as it's just as easy to point out the other "99%" of those that may not be 100% in compliance... for years... have never been bothered once and don't personally know of anyone that has.

Just sayin... the propensity to point out an isolated case charged under the maximum penalty is largely just a scare tactic and not "reality" of what is "typical", IMHO. Conforming your life out of fear is exactly what "they" want.

Like saying don't ever jaywalk! In OR you will face a class B misdemeanor, 6 months in jail and a $2500 fine! (Because it's happened before) ;)
Maximum penalty? Hah. ,most got a year or two except for one guy who I'm sure many on this board have heard of who got 7 or 8 years . Knew him well but he had a lot of stuff. A lot. In any case you need to make up your mind. You're blaming them for getting popped. They're bad people for exercising their 2nd amendment rights? Stay consistent.
Different times back then. The Soviet Union had just broken up and international arms dealers were wheeling and dealing. Guns and obscure "assault rifle" Parts kits were pouring into the country for Pennie's on the dolllar. Guys were having build parties and complete machine guns were floating around under a hundred bucks. I knew legit gun dealers selling machine guns ( plural) under the counter in Washington . Idaho was a big focus as was Washington and The state was thick with ATF and for a state that didn't allow machine guns it was thick with them. Probably still is. Had a CI try to set me up with a "deal of a lifetime" on at least one occasion. Way different times. I knew those guys doing the gun show circuits on the West Coast. Shady snakes every one of them.

Again , I do not know of anyone in at least the last 40 years that , once their legally granted form 1 or 4 was approved , then had their stamp rescinded and firearm confiscated other than in cases where they had become a prohibited person. . If you have cases to cite I'd love to hear about them .at may be yet to come.
In other words... if we place limits on the discussion and salient points that only illustrate how confiscations are not "currently" happening.... that invalidates all the ways they do take place and makes the end goals of the anti-2A merely tinhat delusions.

Gotcha! 👍:s0140:

In other words... if we place limits on the discussion and salient points that only illustrate how confiscations are not "currently" happening.... that invalidates all the ways they do take place and makes the end goals of the anti-2A merely tinhat delusions.

Gotcha! 👍:s0140:
What confiscations?

In any case you need to make up your mind. You're blaming them for getting popped. They're bad people for exercising their 2nd amendment rights? Stay consistent.
You definately live in your own little world. It may be entertaining for you... and seem to thrive on trying to twist discussions into a controvery, but I wasn't at all saying anything of the kind... and choose not to play... carry on!:s0155:

:s0128: "Pistol Brace Litigation"

You definately live in your own little world. It may be entertaining for you... and seem to thrive on trying to twist discussions into a controvery, but I wasn't at all saying anything of the kind... and choose not to play... carry on!:s0155:

:s0128: "Pistol Brace Litigation"
You did say that I need to make better choices in the people I choose to associate with. Your words. Those were people exercising their 2nd amendment rights. Is that something you find beneath you?

You did say that I need to make better choices in the people I choose to associate with. Your words. Those were people exercising their 2nd amendment rights. Is that something you find beneath you?
Good gad! I know you are trying desperately to imply that I was disparaging anyone that seeks to exercise their 2A rights, but you do try to represent yourself as being semi-intelligent and might try reading.... not trying to twist something to mean something it doesn't by interjecting some abstract interpretation into it.

If you need it spelled out for you.... you said, 10 out of 10 people will rat you out. Your words. I said... [paraphrasing] if every single person you know will rat you out... maybe you need to make better choices in the people you choose to associate with... or.... be more careful about who you share the details of your life with.

NOTHING about that said one word against someone exercising their 2A rights.

It's no less crazy than if someone said, "that guy is an ignorant jackwagon"... the guy happens to be a Christan... so you start spouting off that the person said they were an athiest and hate all Christians. :s0140:

Troll along, already.....
:s0013:

1677967038629.png

Good gad! I know you are trying desperately to imply that I was disparaging anyone that seeks to exercise their 2A rights, but you do try to represent yourself as being semi-intelligent and might try reading.... not trying to twist something to mean something it doesn't by interjecting some abstract interpretation into it.

If you need it spelled out for you.... you said, 10 out of 10 people will rat you out. Your words. I said... [paraphrasing] if every single person you know will rat you out... maybe you need to make better choices in the people you choose to associate with... or.... be more careful about who you share the details of your life with.

NOTHING about that said one word against someone exercising their 2A rights.

It's no less crazy than if someone said, "that guy is an ignorant jackwagon"... the guy happens to be a Christan... so you start spouting off that the person said they were an athiest and hate all Christians. :s0140:

Troll along, already.....
:s0013:
Saw an interesting interview with a former ATF agent awhile back. He was appalled at the direction the ATF was headed vs. where its focus and interests were when he started.

What he said that your comment reminded me of, was often times they would get actionable Intel from former spouses, and angry exes with a desire to burn you and also know your gun-related dirt.

After hearing that, I don't let anyone… especially girlfriends ever know what I do or what I have. Especially with my track record of women lol. Jokes aside, I see where you are both coming from. Be weary of anyone you may least expect to snitch on you, and at the same time choose carefully who you share those intimate details of your life.

Saw an interesting interview with a former ATF agent awhile back. He was appalled at the direction the ATF was headed vs. where its focus and interests were when he started.

What he said that your comment reminded me of, was often times they would get actionable Intel from former spouses, and angry exes with a desire to burn you and also know your gun-related dirt.

After hearing that, I don't let anyone… especially girlfriends ever know what I do or what I have. Especially with my track record of women lol. Jokes aside, I see where you are both coming from. Be weary of anyone you may least expect to snitch on you, and at the same time choose carefully who you share those intimate details of your life.
Haha. I've known several guys who's girlfriends or ex wives ratted them out for something or other. Not just guns. Trust them at your own peril.

Haha. I've known several guys who's girlfriends or ex wives ratted them out for something or other. Not just guns. Trust them at your own peril.
I would not be surprised if my ex would have done this if she thought of it, being as vindictive as she is. But it has been decades since she had any clue as to what guns I have or how many, and it has been 10+ years since I had any contact with her - I avoid that contact like avoiding the plague.

The ATF already knows more about what guns I have than almost anybody else - via any government records on my gun purchases.

I would not be surprised if my ex would have done this if she thought of it, being as vindictive as she is. But it has been decades since she had any clue as to what guns I have or how many, and it has been 10+ years since I had any contact with her - I avoid that contact like avoiding the plague.

The ATF already knows more about what guns I have than almost anybody else - via any government records on my gun purchases.
And there it is. Every 4473, Form 1 and Form 4 I've ever filled out is in their hands. I'm past worrying about what the ATF is going to find out or what they're going to do.

01/31 FPC filed lawsuit

Their announcement:
I really hope that one of the lawsuits stop this bill

And there it is. Every 4473, Form 1 and Form 4 I've ever filled out is in their hands. I'm past worrying about what the ATF is going to find out or what they're going to do.
What they are going to know/learn? Meh

What they are going to do? At this point, that seems to depend on the POTUS and/or Congress. That I worry about - not what my ex will say to them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top