JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which brand of Truck?

• Ford

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Chevy

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Ram

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Nissan

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Carrots

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters
Best pickup ever built! An off road Cadillac!!! PowerWagon3.jpg

Chevy/GMC, Ford, Dodge, Toyota... I think they're all quality trucks. But there's something about the Chevys/GMCs that really trips my trigger. Here's my latest... A 2016 Sierra SLT 4x4 Z71

It truly does ride like a Cadillac. So smooth and quiet.

Nice truck. I really like the GMC grill in the new rigs.

First off...my 2006 Tundra was "Made in The USA"...so we can get that right out of the way.

Secondly, I've had two Ford pickups...one decent truck and one lemon (even AFTER I put a rebuilt engine in it). I've never had a Toyota lemon.

I regularly drive Ford and Chevy pickups, at work, but have never regretted buying the Tundra. They are so solid and quiet (mine had 69,000 on it when I bought it), I can't get over it. In fact, our mechanic (who used to work at a Chevy dealership), owns a Tundra and highly recommends them even though he hails from Minnesota farm country.

Like most everything else, there are as many opinions as there are Obama voters (sorry), but I'm sticking with the brand that has given me the least amount of trouble in my lifetime.

Oh, and I also own a Mustang convertible.

Dodge Dakota Ram, 4.7 OHC V-8! Mine (an '02) has been the perfect PU for me! Unfortunately the Dakota has been discontinued!

View attachment 289172

The Dakota is still in production. Its still uder the Dodge brand i bleev. Dodge even plans to put out a diesel powered truck. The are partnering with Nissan too if I am not mistaken. Nissan was going to be rebadging the Dakota as the Titan.

The Dakota is still in production. Its still uder the Dodge brand i bleev. Dodge even plans to put out a diesel powered truck. The are partnering with Nissan too if I am not mistaken. Nissan was going to be rebadging the Dakota as the Titan.

I was told by the service manager at Ron Tonkin Dodge that they were out of production! If not it's a good thing.

Wikipedia says the last Dakota came off the assembly line on August 23,2011.

Last Edited:
Hm seems I was thinking of a different truck - BUT - here's something you may like:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-ram-rampage-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature

I read a while back initially about the Dakota diesel rig - they must've nixed that project because now it looks like they will be reduxing the Dakota for 2017. They were supposed to be partnering up with Nissan.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2016-nissan-titan-this-is-it-1678940830

So they did - but it's more of a 1500 RAM than the Dakota, and there's no equivlent in the Dodge lineup, since the Italians took over.

My bad.

Hm seems I was thinking of a different truck - BUT - here's something you may like:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-ram-rampage-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature

I read a while back initially about the Dakota diesel rig - they must've nixed that project because now it looks like they will be reduxing the Dakota for 2017. They were supposed to be partnering up with Nissan.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2016-nissan-titan-this-is-it-1678940830

So they did - but it's more of a 1500 RAM than the Dakota, and there's no equivlent in the Dodge lineup, since the Italians took over.

My bad.
BUT, IT'S FRONT DRIVE MAN!!!:mad:

Ford Powerstroke 7.3 liter. Budget for ball joints. Ford's eat ball joints.
Chevrolet Duramax post-2007 or budget for fuel injectors.
Dodge Ram Cummins from 1998-2007. Stick Shift. Or budget for a new transmission.

Toyota Tundra for lighter duty work. Post 2014.

Or hybrid your own if you have the dough. Cummins 5.9 HO motor. In a Ford Super Duty Chassis. With Chevy's front end suspension/Alison auto trans and Ford's unbreakable rear end. We could even say Dodge's dash cluster, Chevy's creature comfort seats and Ford's 4x4 trans-back running gear.

You've got a bullet-proof driver, with the best looking truck along with the smoothest ride.

Sorry Toyota, even though one of your own is in my garage as I type, you aren't ready to play with the big boys yet.

Gotta say that Ford Raptor is a pretty impressive truck! Just got back from Arizona and the Border patrol and Sheriff's dept have a LOT of them! Was talkin to one of the service guys that has to fix all the trucks and cruisers, and he says they are the best trucks they have ever had.

Nice truck. I really like the GMC grill in the new rigs.

Aside from driving and handling like it's a Cadillac truck, my favorite thing about the truck is the all-LED lighting- turn indicators, brake lights, daytime running lights, and especially the headlights, which light up the night like I've never seen before. High beams will burn the hair off a cat at 100 yards. ;)

My last truck was a Denali HD with Duramax/Allison. LOVED that truck for towing my 31' Airstream. But when the Airstream morphed into a motorhome, I didn't need the brute towing machine that the Denali HD was, so we morphed it into the Sierra SLT 4x4 1/2 ton as a daily cruiser.

Last Edited:
BUT, IT'S FRONT DRIVE MAN!!!:mad:

Willing to bet there will be a 4x4 or full time all wheel drive model too, and that would be the one to have.

Fiat is big into front wheel drive stuff - even the ProMaster full size van is front wheel drive. I know - kind of bizarre. Certainly not meant for towing anything but they do seem to be popular as cargo vans/work vans.

I've owned Fords and Chevy's and driven others (Dodge, Toyota, GMC) for work. One of my favorites was my 1996 Chevy S-10 4x4 with the V-6. Great truck, comfortable, drove it for years before I overtaxed it pulling a trailer over Mt Hood and busted a piston rod. The load was well within the limits of the rig, but the mechanic told me if an engine isn't used to pull heavy loads from time to time, they become 'weak' - I don't know if that was BS or not (maybe someone here can confirm that theory), but it ended my relationship with that vehicle, sadly.

My current is a 2003 F-150 Crew Cab. Not a 4x4. Great truck, reliable, comfortable, and the wife really enjoys driving it, so that's a bonus too. We only just last week hit 100K miles - not bad for a 13-year-old truck. We're talking about selling this one and getting something a little newer. We're looking at sticking with the F-150, though I'm not necessarily a fanboy of any particular make, we've just really enjoyed the F-150.

Willing to bet there will be a 4x4 or full time all wheel drive model too, and that would be the one to have.

Fiat is big into front wheel drive stuff - even the ProMaster full size van is front wheel drive. I know - kind of bizarre. Certainly not meant for towing anything but they do seem to be popular as cargo vans/work vans.

I'm not sure what that Dakota abomination is, but I am certain it's not a truck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top