JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
two identical rifles in 5.45. challenge is to make them identical in every way including POI. Pick up one and there's no difference in the other. 5.45 because the ammo is so available and cheap.

Thanks for all the replies, lots of good ideas. I likely won't be going with anything other than 5.45 or maybe 9mm, due to the cost of specialty calibers. I've decided to make one of them as light as possible (for a metal lower). Any tips on how to accomplish that would be great. The second one, I'm thinking 9mm might be fun, we'll see! I actually have one more lower, a Noveske, that I'd like to build into some sort of RECCE rifle with a bi-pod and adjustable optics.

I would donate them to NWFA site so they could hold a raffle for supporting members.

We'll be celebrating our new site by resuming the Supporting Member drawings, won't be long now!

You bought 2 complete lowers with zero plan on what you were going to do with them? Just do the same thing with the uppers and you will have 2 complete rifles that you don't know what to do with:s0155:

Yep, got them for $169 each on Black Friday (about $200 each after shipping and transfer). I don't have a complete AR at this time, so I figured I'd figure it out once I got them :)

I'm often very late to the game,and AR15s are no different. Never had too much of an interest in them and hadn't ever shot one until a couple of weeks ago. My gun interests include bolt action rifles (mostly for hunting) and handguns for defense.
My limited AR experience now out in the open, there's really only one AR15 I would be interested in building/owning.

SBR.

I know this thread has been pretty well sussed out, but I've got a suggestion just to be different.

This idea would only be effective if you handload, but if you do... I'd built up the two ARs for hunting purposes.

I'd build one in 6x45 with a 20" target crowned barrel and a 3-92.5-10ish scope up top and a bipod to support it.

The second, I'd build in .458 SOCOM. 14.5" barrel with the biggest break I could find to make it all legal and take the edge off the recoil. Put a robust 1-4x on top, and between the two, there wouldn't be anything on the continent I couldn't hunt.

Hell, could could use a single lower with two uppers. The nice thing about this particular setup is you could share magazines - and both would use plain jane run of the mill standard 5.56 mags.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top