JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Albany guns had a stand at the Wes Knodel Show with two Finnish M39 rifles in great shape. He was only asking $200 each! I did not really need the gun, but at that price I could not pass it up. I am stoked; after a little research I found that I scored a VKT D shank model which is supposed to be one of the best shooting barrels the Fins had produced. Not only that, but all the numbers match and the trigger is at a crisp 4lbs. If you have not had the pleasure of shooting one of these guns, you are doing yourself a disservice. The bore is shinny and if I do my part, this should be sub 2MOA rifle.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. The wood is not great, so I plan on doing a refinish soon.
IMG_20151031_172329%201_zpsnsswfldb.jpg IMG_20151031_172309_zpsq2fowjha.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The show was very good. I saw a lot of people with tables I never have seen at the ARPC shows. There was quite a few good deals to be had. The most interesting was several tables of reloading and casting equipment.

I'd have to say that the Finnish M-39s are the crown of all Mosins. Even their stocks were made of choice wood, Arctic Birch, which does not swell in moist/wet conditions or warp in dry heat. You are a better man then I. At that price, I'd walk out with both rifles

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top