JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Albany guns had a stand at the Wes Knodel Show with two Finnish M39 rifles in great shape. He was only asking $200 each! I did not really need the gun, but at that price I could not pass it up. I am stoked; after a little research I found that I scored a VKT D shank model which is supposed to be one of the best shooting barrels the Fins had produced. Not only that, but all the numbers match and the trigger is at a crisp 4lbs. If you have not had the pleasure of shooting one of these guns, you are doing yourself a disservice. The bore is shinny and if I do my part, this should be sub 2MOA rifle.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. The wood is not great, so I plan on doing a refinish soon.
IMG_20151031_172329%201_zpsnsswfldb.jpg IMG_20151031_172309_zpsq2fowjha.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The show was very good. I saw a lot of people with tables I never have seen at the ARPC shows. There was quite a few good deals to be had. The most interesting was several tables of reloading and casting equipment.

I'd have to say that the Finnish M-39s are the crown of all Mosins. Even their stocks were made of choice wood, Arctic Birch, which does not swell in moist/wet conditions or warp in dry heat. You are a better man then I. At that price, I'd walk out with both rifles

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top