Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Picatinny rail on a stevens 301 for a scope??

Reactions
Hi!

I have a Stevens 301 single shot 20 gauge that I'd like to put a short range scope on.

Does anyone know if the first 6 inches in front of the chamber on the barrel is thick enough for me to drill and tap?

otherwise I'll figure out how to clamp it on or have a mechanic friend of mine weld it on. Opinions?

OP
DaveLikesGuns
Reactions
Gol-ly! I guess no one had any opinions! I realize numerous things after coming back and reading my own question. Obviously I am looking to mount a rail...not a scope. the scope goes on the rail. I assume no one responded because it appeared that I was talking about welding a scope with no rings or rail directly to the gun.
Anyway, the silence left me with some internet reading to do. I did the research, and I've definitely learned not to weld anything to the receiver or barrel of a gun.

Last edited:

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY