Defensive Arts
RifleClass.com
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Sporting Systems
Low Price Guns
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Picatinny rail on a stevens 301 for a scope??

Reactions
Hi!

I have a Stevens 301 single shot 20 gauge that I'd like to put a short range scope on.

Does anyone know if the first 6 inches in front of the chamber on the barrel is thick enough for me to drill and tap?

otherwise I'll figure out how to clamp it on or have a mechanic friend of mine weld it on. Opinions?

OP
DaveLikesGuns
Reactions
Gol-ly! I guess no one had any opinions! I realize numerous things after coming back and reading my own question. Obviously I am looking to mount a rail...not a scope. the scope goes on the rail. I assume no one responded because it appeared that I was talking about welding a scope with no rings or rail directly to the gun.
Anyway, the silence left me with some internet reading to do. I did the research, and I've definitely learned not to weld anything to the receiver or barrel of a gun.

Last edited:

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS