JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
TV movie series. Oh the pain........................ :rolleyes:

My SIL just persuaded me to watch a bit of this series on TV/Youtube, and I'm fit to kill him. I've been deprived of about ten minutes of life that I could have spent a whole lot better, like gouging my eyes out with a broken ski or feeding my fingers one-by-one into a blender.

What a pile of unmitigated c**p. The main man, Reese, shows all the gun-handling 'skills' of a frog playing a trombone - in fact, I'd go to far as to state that apart from the appalling bow-handling by the gal in Hunger Games, I've never seen any able-bodied person mishandle a weapon with such a truly cosmic degree of ineptitude. Ignoring the fact that he is a leftie - many great shooters are - he puts a gun to his shoulder or hip like a person who has never ever clapped eyes on any kind of a gun before. Like many 'heroes' before him, he just does not seem to miss, even when two guys less than fifteen yards away are emptying full-auto carbines at him as he is standing there. These days we really do expect a little more realism, right?

His 'martial' art skills might enable him to defeat a semi-comatose slow-motion 'attacker' who was trying very hard not to injure him in any way, but by comparison with the Jason Bourne character fights it is like watching two aging librarians poking at each other with bookmarks.

VERY disappointing, to say the least.

tac, NOT a fan.

Well that sucks. I had heard that it was a good show and intended to check it out but generally, it's stuff exactly like that that really bothers me and I can't get beyond it no matter how else good the show is.
You'd think that something so simple and basic would be seamlessly accomplished/effected but it's just a slap in the face insult and all credibility is lost when the ball is dropped like that.

Well that sucks. I had heard that it was a good show and intended to check it out but generally, it's stuff exactly like that that really bothers me and I can't get beyond it no matter how else good the show is.
You'd think that something so simple and basic would be seamlessly accomplished/effected but it's just a slap in the face insult and all credibility is lost when the ball is dropped like that.

Well, YMMD, but it it's slick gun-handling you are seeking then you really need to look elsewhere.

Elmer Fudd is Jerry Miculek by comparison, I kid you not. :eek:

Tell you what, watch a Youtube clip before you drop the $$$ on the inevitable boxed set. You can split it and send me half as a mark of great gratitude. :)

This is me and the Christmas vulture - FAR more skilful gun-handling there than in ALL the POI chapters put together.

tac

upload_2017-1-1_13-48-0.png

Well, YMMD, but it it's slick gun-handling you are seeking then you really need to look elsewhere.

Elmer Fudd is Jerry Miculek by comparison, I kid you not. :eek:

Tell you what, watch a Youtube clip before you drop the $$$ on the inevitable boxed set. You can split it and send me half as a mark of great gratitude. :)

This is me and the Christmas vulture - FAR more skilful gun-handling there than in ALL the POI chapters put together.

tac

View attachment 332430
Lol. No, I read that PSA loud and clear and shall steer clear and not be aggravated thanks to it.

It's funny, that was a series the wife and I kinda enjoyed. Normally the stuff you mention really irritates me, but for some reason in this case, no. Must have been the babes... ;)

Like many 'heroes' before him, he just does not seem to miss, even when two guys less than fifteen yards away are emptying full-auto carbines at him as he is standing there. These days we really do expect a little more realism, right?

I thought every action movie out of Hollywood had exactly the same thing. I can't remember a recent movie that didn't.

I enjoyed "The Americans" and "Breaking Bad"... even "Better Call Saul" was pretty amusing at times.

Oh come on. Its fiction. One of the last episodes where Root ( I'd sell my soul for her if I had one ) got killed was my 2nd favorite next to the one where the black detective got killed so she could star on Empire. When Root was hanging out the sunroof of the car shooting the belt fed machine gun at the pursuing car while manipulating the steering wheel with her heels I was in puppy love.

Pretend this show is a comic book and you will enjoy it more! Turn off your critical mind and go with the flow.

Unfortunately, most entertainment now requires you to turn off your mind and go with the flow. Perhaps this is why so many treat the real world the same way. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews