JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Familiarity with any self-defense/escape tool is important.

Depending on what you buy, availability and cost, etc., I recommend actually deploying some pepper spray once or twice. This especially for guys who gift those cute little purse size ones as stocking stuffers for wifey and kids (at least those responsible enough to possess them without having fun with friends at school).

Might be worth a moment outdoors to draw a smiley face on a box or something and let everyone shoot a quick blast to see the spray pattern, distance and effects of even a slight breeze.

And as long as you're being proactive, it might be wise to have a carton of milk handy for eye flush. It's my understanding that water doesn't help much, if at all. As part of my LE training (last century) I got to experience a stun gun and tear gas. Thus, I have ZERO interest in trying on a taser or pepper spray.

I have been pepper sprayed one time a long time ago when I was young and dumb and full of well you know the rest bar room brawl the police showed up and sprayed us lol water don't do anything unless you can stand in the shower for and look into the stream for 15 min

Familiarity with any self-defense/escape tool is important.

Depending on what you buy, availability and cost, etc., I recommend actually deploying some pepper spray once or twice. This especially for guys who gift those cute little purse size ones as stocking stuffers for wifey and kids (at least those responsible enough to possess them without having fun with friends at school).

Might be worth a moment outdoors to draw a smiley face on a box or something and let everyone shoot a quick blast to see the spray pattern, distance and effects of even a slight breeze.

And as long as you're being proactive, it might be wise to have a carton of milk handy for eye flush. It's my understanding that water doesn't help much, if at all. As part of my LE training (last century) I got to experience a stun gun and tear gas. Thus, I have ZERO interest in trying on a taser or pepper spray.

I keep several of the MKVI OC around and have given many away. They are The size with a belt/ pocket clip. Great for walking and such. Have an expiration date so every time one passes I set it aside for just that, practice. Have given several of them to people who never used the stuff to do just that, see how it works and how far it works. Have always warned them to not do it when there is wind :)
That is one of the nice things about the little gun shaped one that the MACE Co makes. They come with a water cartridge to train with and you can buy more of them if you want. The supply outfits for Police / Security sell MK units that are inert (water) also for this. Good idea for those who have no idea how it actually works.

Last Edited:
I have been pepper sprayed one time a long time ago when I was young and dumb and full of well you know the rest bar room brawl the police showed up and sprayed us lol water don't do anything unless you can stand in the shower for and look into the stream for 15 min
Yep, it's the same as drinking water if you eat something with hot pepper sauce on it. Seems to just make it worse. Milk helps. They make a cleaner for the Cops and for training. Never tried the stuff but it's sold for washing down someone who has to be sprayed at training.

Myth. The only "cleaner" that works is cool, free flowing water. It's true.
When my sister was in Coast Guard they got sprayed in there vessel boarding training and they had to be able too fight off the guy trying to take there side arm M9 away and after they just hose them with water nothing else

Myth. The only "cleaner" that works is cool, free flowing water. It's true.

OC.PNG

Snake oil. As someone who works with OC and is exposed to it on a regular basis, trust me when I tell you there is no product that counteracts OC other than dilution by water and time. There are a ton of rumors, falsehoods and evidently products that claim otherwise but those that work and are trained and train with less lethal, EID and OC products know there is no secret cure to OC exposure. Sabre is trying to make a dollar with that product.

Untitled.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top