JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in Vancouver and am looking for a local source of pepper spay.
YOU don't define what your looking for but I carry the Kimber pepper blaster it's small you get two shots that will go 10 yards I carry it at work because I can not carry a gun this is my only defense besides a pocket knife I figured the pepper spray will help me get away or give me the advantage in a fight my job requires me to work late at night early morning lol you would be surprised what kind of people you find behind a MacDonald 's at 03:00 am

You can probably order it online. I think there is a Blumenthals in Portland that might carry it. That, or Curtis Blue Line. I carry Defensive Technologies (Safariland/DefTech) oil based 1.3% in the 360 Stream variety. A Mk3 or Mk4 would probably do just fine. This stuff is hot, can be sprayed at any angle (hence 360, because it doesn't use a tube and propellant), and doesn't disperse as badly due to being oil based. Its also EID safe, meaning you won't cause a fire if around electricity.

This is food grade OC and will be least likely to cause allergic reactions. If you keep the serial number and lot number ecorded somewhere, Safariland will testify to its contents and that it is made for use on humans.

These MK4's by Defense Technologies are offered on Amazon and reasonably priced. The MK4 is what the Washington State Department of Corrections issues to all officers working within the prison walls. They ARE effective against bad guys if used correctly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOP524/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one for each of the female family members in my life last Christmas.

EDIT: I will add that the OC (oleoresin capsicum) product in these cans is contained within an inner bag inside the can. The can is then pressurized around the outside of the bag holding the contents. This allows the product to be disseminated no matter what direction or orientation of the can, to include upside down.

Last Edited:
I have used First Defense stuff before. It was potent stuff. Can get it on Amazon or from assorted retailers. FYI Blumenthals was bought out by 5.11 so the store names have changed. Same gear diff name.

YOU don't define what your looking for but I carry the Kimber pepper blaster it's small you get two shots that will go 10 yards I carry it at work because I can not carry a gun this is my only defense besides a pocket knife I figured the pepper spray will help me get away or give me the advantage in a fight my job requires me to work late at night early morning lol you would be surprised what kind of people you find behind a MacDonald 's at 03:00 am

I heartily second the Kimber Pepper Blaster! It is intuitive because it aims operates just like a pistol. It is what my wife carries when she does her walks.

These MK4's by Defense Technologies are offered on Amazon and reasonably priced. The MK4 is what the Washington State Department of Corrections issues to all officers working within the prison walls. They ARE effective against bad guys if used correctly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOP524/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one for each of the female family members in my life last Christmas.

EDIT: I will add that the OC (oleoresin capsicum) product in these cans is contained within an inner bag inside the can. The can is then pressurized around the outside of the bag holding the contents. This allows the product to be disseminated no matter what direction or orientation of the can, to include upside down.

This is what I recommended as well. There are smaller Mk2 and Mk3 sizes as well. I am a less-lethal instructor and can say, after spraying tons of new officers and a few bad guys, it works great!

This is what I recommended as well. There are smaller Mk2 and Mk3 sizes as well. I am a less-lethal instructor and can say, after spraying tons of new officers and a few bad guys, it works great!

I have used this stuff (OC) since it's inception for dogs. I LOVE animals but will not let some morons dog attack mine. To me it's not the dogs fault the owner is a jerk so I don't want to hurt or kill a dog if not needed. OC seems to be fantastic in this for me. It has always been hit and miss on humans for me, still have scar on one arm where one kook took a face full then bit me :) On dogs though it seems to work wonders without causing any real harm. Often the dogs seem to remember it for years after and beat feet as soon as they see me.

I have used this stuff (OC) since it's inception for dogs. I LOVE animals but will not let some morons dog attack mine. To me it's not the dogs fault the owner is a jerk so I don't want to hurt or kill a dog if not needed. OC seems to be fantastic in this for me. It has always been hit and miss on humans for me, still have scar on one arm where one kook took a face full then bit me :) On dogs though it seems to work wonders without causing any real harm. Often the dogs seem to remember it for years after and beat feet as soon as they see me.

In my experience, you get an effect more often with OC vs Taser, but Taser is more instantaneous than OC. Getting a good connection with a Taser is not as easy as it looks.

I'm sure that most prefer that over getting shot, stabbed or beat.

I have gone with Fox. I have never had to use it, but it has good ratings. I buy it online.
Research the different applications, stream, cone, foam, etc. and size for your intended use so you get the right one.

In my experience, you get an effect more often with OC vs Taser, but Taser is more instantaneous than OC. Getting a good connection with a Taser is not as easy as it looks.

I'm sure that most prefer that over getting shot, stabbed or beat.

LOL, I have long said this is why the media hates the Taser. So often it takes the dobad down with no great pictures, like the guy all bloodied and bruised from being beat down. Can't have that if they want to keep up the line about how Cops love to abuse people. I am not the kind to fight with an LEO of course but, if I was I would far prefer either OC or Taser to a baton beating. The clown who bite me I used a Sap to drop. Another weapon many LEO's missed when they were taken away from them. They made a VERY effective close quarters defense weapon.

Forgot to mention to those who want something like a gun for this the Mace Co. makes one that is like a small pistol. Bought a couple of these off Amazon too. They break open and take a canister. Come with one with water in it to practice with. Wife likes this kind.

LOL, I have long said this is why the media hates the Taser. So often it takes the dobad down with no great pictures, like the guy all bloodied and bruised from being beat down. Can't have that if they want to keep up the line about how Cops love to abuse people. I am not the kind to fight with an LEO of course but, if I was I would far prefer either OC or Taser to a baton beating. The clown who bite me I used a Sap to drop. Another weapon many LEO's missed when they were taken away from them. They made a VERY effective close quarters defense weapon.

Tase me any day. Especially on grass. OC sucks.

Tase me any day. Especially on grass. OC sucks.

Screw that! I've rode the "bandit" fastened to my waist as well as around my calf. I do not like electricity! OC sucks too but I'll take it over the many EID's I've trained with any day.

I like the concept of having the water version mentioned above for the wife and daughter to practice with.

As it is, I've had them both experience secondary exposure to the OC just so they will be familiar and not intimidated by the effects should the day ever come when they have to use it. I want them to be confident in their ability to use the MK4 OC but at the same time to realize the limitations of the products effects.

Believe it or not, we have some guys that can eat OC all day long with what appears to be minimal effects. OC does not affect everyone the same way.

Last Edited:
Screw that! I've rode the "bandit" fastened to my waist as well as around my calf. I do not like electricity! OC sucks too but I'll take it over the many EID's I've trained with any day.

I like the concept of having the water version mentioned above for the wife and daughter to practice with.

As it is, I've had them both experience secondary exposure to the OC just so they will be familiar and not intimidated by the effects should the day ever come when they have to use it. I want them to be confident in their ability to use the MK4 OC but at the same time to realize the limitations of the products effects.

Believe it or not, we have some guys that can eat OC all day long with what appears to be minimal effects. OC does not affect everyone the same way.

The guy who sunk his teeth into me sure was not well effected by it :) The sap I laid across his ear had a real good effect though.
I have seen some real big scary guys fall down and give up from the stuff and others act like it just enraged them. Certainly better than nothing but I never count on it to stop on the two legged critters. Now on the 4 legged it has never yet let me down, which I like. Some times it can be funny. One idiot neighbor had a problem dog for like 10 years. It finally died so he of course got a Pit. One day it was in my front yard. I went out to shoo it off and it charged me. I sprayed it and it beat feet home. That was about 5 years ago now. It still gets out now and then. If it's anywhere near my house all I have to do is step outside. Soon as it sees me it is running for home. Seems to remember that one time. Every time it happens I have to laugh.

Absolutely correct, not everyone takes it the same way. Besides gross motor self defense, I'm not much use for at least 45 minutes after a direct exposure of OC. The Taser sucks for a cycle, but then you're functional again.

Bandits are fun.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads