JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea is cool.
Better than just a siren and hoping the LEOs get there in decent time, However,
I would be afraid of lingering effects of the spray agent. I have kids and I could see my kids wondering the house for months with red irrated eyes.

If you read the description, it dissipates in 4 hours....It leaves no residue...

I wouldn't want to go off if I'm home though...

And honestly, if the guy gets maced and trips on the way out of your house, hitting the concrete with his head, I would think your wide open for a law suit.

It's better then nothing though I guess.

I wouldn't use one because we have a dog.

I wouldn't want to go off if I'm home though...

And honestly, if the guy gets maced and trips on the way out of your house, hitting the concrete with his head, I would think your wide open for a law suit.

It's better then nothing though I guess.

I wouldn't use one because we have a dog.

Do you have any case law to support your assumption? Using that same logic as noted in your example, having a dog that bites your intruder also opens you up to a lawsuit.

Keep in mind that burglar would also have to be admitting to a felony to file a civil suit against you....

Do you have any case law to support your assumption? Using that same logic as noted in your example, having a dog that bites your intruder also opens you up to a lawsuit.

Keep in mind that burglar would also have to be admitting to a felony to file a civil suit against you....

Lots of cases where a burglar dies and is sued by the living relatives.

No, I'm too lazy nor invested in this thread to go linking cases about such but there are plenty there.

As this is a new thing I doubt there are any cases specific to it but booby traps are illegal as far as know.

Again, I wouldn't use one because I have a dog in the house.

Anything worth taking is locked in a safe and I've done everything to my house to keep it from being a soft target.

Lots of cases where a burglar dies and is sued by the living relatives.

No, I'm too lazy nor invested in this thread to go linking cases about such but there are plenty there.

As this is a new thing I doubt there are any cases specific to it but booby traps are illegal as far as know.

Again, I wouldn't use one because I have a dog in the house.

Anything worth taking is locked in a safe and I've done everything to my house to keep it from being a soft target.

You think the living relatives will sue the burglar???? That doesn't make any sense. So you have no evidence to back up your assumption that a burglar could sue you for being sprayed by pepper spray during the commission of a felony. And somehow you think that your same logic doesn't apply to your dog biting the burglar???:rolleyes:

I have the AB 2000 in my shed (10x16). Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to "break in" to my shed and see what I could steal. Well I opened the door, the trip wire set off the gas canister. It was a pretty anemic sound of gas spraying out. I started grabbing things and taking them outside. In and out I went, "stealing" stuff from my shed while the burglar bomb sputtered away. Finally it hit me! I got a lung full of gas. Pretty much put a stop to me going back in. It didn't take too long to air it out and I can confirm the lack of residue. If I were to use it as a serious part of my overall security, I'd look at the ceiling mount Repulsar units. And a trial run for effectiveness before putting them everwhere. The gas does work, but getting it to fill a room quickly is essential.

Tons, There was a recent case in San Diego where a guy was breaking into a liquor store after hours. He was on the roof and fell through the skylight cutting himself up badly. He sued and won over $100,000 from the insurance company for the injuries he sustained while breaking into the business. A simple search on Google I'm sure Would reveal lots of other similar cases.

Tons, There was a recent case in San Diego where a guy was breaking into a liquor store after hours. He was on the roof and fell through the skylight cutting himself up badly. He sued and won over $100,000 from the insurance company for the injuries he sustained while breaking into the business. A simple search on Google I'm sure Would reveal lots of other similar cases.
I googled "san diego liquor store burglar fell through skylight roof sued insurance" and all I found was a case that was nowhere near what you stated. In fact, you misrepresented the fact that it was a high school, and the insurance company found it cheaper to pay a small settlement than defend the suit....

The burglar and the skylight: another debunking that isn't - Overlawyered

As if that wasn't enough to show you how poorly thought out your arguments are, you still didn't explain how a dog attacking the burglar doesn't make you liable.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd be worried that my cats or dog would set the thing off....that and the word "bomb" as part of its name , might get you in a tight spot , depending on how the report is spun.
But mostly I'd worry 'bout one of critters setting it off.
Andy

I googled "san diego liquor store burglar fell through skylight roof sued insurance" and all I found was a case that was nowhere near what you stated. In fact, you misrepresented the fact that it was a high school, and the insurance company found it cheaper to pay a small settlement than defend the suit....

The burglar and the skylight: another debunking that isn't - Overlawyered

As if that wasn't enough to show you how poorly thought out your arguments are, you still didn't explain how a dog attacking the burglar doesn't make you liable.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Tone it down a bit...geeze :rolleyes:
How about simply explaining why the previous argument is faulty? It's not hard to do considering how much info is out there ripe for the picking...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top