JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am located in Aubrun, WA and is looking at having spray foam insulation for my attic. Has anyone done this before and can share your experience with this? If you have recommendations or know a good company I should contact please let me know too. Thanks.

I am located in Aubrun, WA and is looking at having spray foam insulation for my attic. Has anyone done this before and can share your experience with this? If you have recommendations or know a good company I should contact please let me know too. Thanks.

Where are you going to put it, on the upper side of the ceiling, or under the roof sheathing, or someplace else?
There are many horror stories on YouTube and the internet about problems caused by spray foam, so get some expert opinions and lots of information before you act. Here are a few of many:

Where are you going to put it, on the upper side of the ceiling, or under the roof sheathing, or someplace else?
There are many horror stories on YouTube and the internet about problems caused by spray foam, so get some expert opinions and lots of information before you act.

Planning to have them spray under the roof deck, essentially making the attic a conditioned space. And thanks I will check things out.

Well it's about $5,000 for a average size roof. R-30 roll out is good. I would love spray foam but it's not worth it unless your gonna stay there for a long time. Most people move

I did an all-metal building with spray foam. Very expensive, but it sealed up a poor design on a building that I "inherited." I saw an aircraft hangar in Alaska that had a thick spray foam coating the whole inside, perhaps R-40 or more. They had a fire start inside, and it caught the foam on fire. Nothing left! :eek:

Well it's about $5,000 for a average size roof. R-30 roll out is good. I would love spray foam but it's not worth it unless your gonna stay there for a long time. Most people move

Thanks, this gives me a general idea what I am going to have to pay. I work from home full time so this should be a nice enhancement to the house.

So for that kind of cost, your better off rolling out new or blowing in, and replacing every window. Chase that will cost less.

Got another quote today for $8k, much more reasonable. I needed the attic to become a conditioned space to reduce or eliminate truss uplift issue the house has. I think I will go for it at this price. One more quote on Fri, maybe lower price too but if not I will have them do it for $8k.

Got another quote today for $8k, much more reasonable. I needed the attic to become a conditioned space to reduce or eliminate truss uplift issue the house has. I think I will go for it at this price. One more quote on Fri, maybe lower price too but if not I will have them do it for $8k.
Hang on
One quote was $35,000
And one was $8,000?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR