JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Co that manages our place loves us. Since rent is due 1st and I always pay it online at least 5 Bus. days ahead of that. I feel for those who are going to get hosed by this. Police state Jay and our AG are threatening to go after anyone who tries to evict the dead beats. Sounds great unless the owner of the place has to pay a mortgage. So he is supposed to let the people live there free while he keeps paying and I doubt they are letting the property tax just be ignored of course. As with Section 8 the people doing this are going to hose the people they claim they want to help. It's already VERY hard for those with poor credit to rent. This will just make it worse. So and people who own rental property get even more choosy about who they will rent to guess who will put on their cape and fly in the threaten more laws? They keep telling people they do not have to have any personal responsibility, then want to protect the people who make a mess. :mad:

My daughter rented a place starting June 1st. She won't be in the area until July 16th, but the landlord said the lease started June 1st. So my daughter send this woman a check for 1st and last months rent, plus deposit. Over $2000.

The plan was for me to get the keys and start moving in a bunch of beds and furniture I picked up for her so when she and her husband and three kids arrive, it will be all ready for them. The military is making them do a 14-day quarantine coming in country from overseas. They won't be able to go to the stores and buy stuff.

So I go to get the keys since my daughter says the landlord ghosted her. I know the landlord and went to her place of work. She's a realtor. I go in and they say she quit and went to another realty company. So I go there and they said she's working from home and offer to text her. I have them text her my name and number and that I'm trying to get the keys to the duplex so I can start moving stuff in.

She never replies.

Now I find out that she contacted my daughter and said that I was "harassing" her and her coworkers. :rolleyes: I was polite and professional, of course. Turns out, the woman that was in the duplex isn't moved out and needed an extra week or so to move out and clean the place. My daughter said the landlord refuses to work with me and that she is "going through some personal stuff right now".

I still don't have the keys and still have a cargo trailer full of stuff to off-load.

When I was a renter, I was a dream renter with checks on time and lots of upgrades done to the property on my dime. Landlords loved me. When I was a landlord later in life, I made sure everything worked and was OK with late rent checks due to life.

I don't know if I'm getting more impatient with people or have to high of expectations, or if people are generally getting lazier, dumber, and more immoral.

But, most people these days disappoint me with their behavior and lack of respect and decency.

My daughter rented a place starting June 1st. She won't be in the area until July 16th, but the landlord said the lease started June 1st. So my daughter send this woman a check for 1st and last months rent, plus deposit. Over $2000.

The plan was for me to get the keys and start moving in a bunch of beds and furniture I picked up for her so when she and her husband and three kids arrive, it will be all ready for them. The military is making them do a 14-day quarantine coming in country from overseas. They won't be able to go to the stores and buy stuff.

So I go to get the keys since my daughter says the landlord ghosted her. I know the landlord and went to her place of work. She's a realtor. I go in and they say she quit and went to another realty company. So I go there and they said she's working from home and offer to text her. I have them text her my name and number and that I'm trying to get the keys to the duplex so I can start moving stuff in.

She never replies.

Now I find out that she contacted my daughter and said that I was "harassing" her and her coworkers. :rolleyes: I was polite and professional, of course. Turns out, the woman that was in the duplex isn't moved out and needed an extra week or so to move out and clean the place. My daughter said the landlord refuses to work with me and that she is "going through some personal stuff right now".

I still don't have the keys and still have a cargo trailer full of stuff to off-load.

When I was a renter, I was a dream renter with checks on time and lots of upgrades done to the property on my dime. Landlords loved me. When I was a landlord later in life, I made sure everything worked and was OK with late rent checks due to life.

I don't know if I'm getting more impatient with people or have to high of expectations, or if people are generally getting lazier, dumber, and more immoral.

But, most people these days disappoint me with their behavior and lack of respect and decency.
That one sounds like it may have to be settled in small claims court.

She never replies.

They need to prorate a portion back to your daughter. Or tell them to refund all of it or you'll sue them. Find a new landlord

Last Edited:
We have rentals and only one is late, but he is late every month. One BS crisis lie after another, and we have heard them all over the years.

No issues. I have and awesome renter, Fortunately they work for the school district so they will have a job forever, ad retirement forever, just getting my money up front that will have to pay the rest back of my life.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews