JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oooooo, I've got a lot of personal opinions regarding this. Starting off with, it's Oregon!

I will bite my tongue for everything else as i don't want to be banned or "talked to" by the mods.

The only thing i will say, he was a licensed dealer. He knew better than to sell something "off the books". But to lose your fire arm rights forever? Come on.....

This is BS!

would he have passed the background check?

It is sure weird that Hawaii had 227 suicides in 2017 with the most strict gun laws and Alaska had 200 with the the least strict and most guns per capita in the US.

At very least this is a reason to not sell guns. You cant trust the state, you cant trust the buyer,

He did something wrong and now he's paying the price. FWIW he can appeal this and 'Maybe' get something "adjusted". Again, he did something wrong and Stupid(as well) and he's going to have to pay the price.

How look should he have lost his "Rights" for? Maybe, as long as the Murder Victim is dead? Longer? Less? More???

Get real.:):):)

Shall not be infringed...

Unless of course you try and sell said arms without doing the appropriate back ground check. Said no founding father ever. . .

But "times change and it's different now, they could have never forseen such automatic weaponry"

Puckle gun!

Sounds like a good ruling to me. He was an FFL (meaning he knew the law), he BROKE the law, and an innocent woman died from a firearm he transferred illegally to the killer.

This is a prime example of enforcing the laws on the books, so we should all be on board with that.

This is a prime example of enforcing the laws on the books, so we should all be on board with that.

Sorry, not on board.

Jail time, OK.
Barred from being an FFL in the future, OK.
Lifetime loss of Second Amendment rights after he has served his time? That's going too far.

Sadly as so often happens this story gives so little detail. Sure does sound bad. Guy is an FFL and he transferred the gun with no check? If this is so it's a WTF? moment to me. As in why in the hell would he do this? Did he try to run the guy and get a delayed, and just let him have the gun? Or did he just not even try to run the guy? Either way I again have to wonder why?
Now as for him losing this rights for life? Most here know I do not agree with this but the majority of gun owners are all in on this. Still just seems like incredible stupidity on the part of the FFL.

It was a felony conviction. Are you advocating that felons should be allowed to buy firearms?

Sure, non-violent felons. Don't see the point otherwise. It's not making anyone safer.

BTW, you do realize in many states felons can petition to have their firearms rights restored, after serving their time and presumably having successfully re-entered society.

Last Edited:
It was a felony conviction. Are you advocating that felons should be allowed to buy firearms?

Considering his 2nd amendment rights shall not be infringed that would mean all gun laws are unconstitutional and the people trying to enforce unconstitutional laws are in fact the ones committing crimes.

Oregon, two people whom I have spoken with violated the 2015 provisions of private sale listed in SB941.
Without discussing the cases, they were made examples of because SB941 was a waste of money and solved nothing. To date two people who appear to have allegedly flaunted the defiance of the new law.
Its alleged they lost their Conceal Carry for 5 years and can not buy a firearm for 4, and some other BS, penalties,fine etc.
Its pretty common knowledge here in this forum where people have also alleged to have smelled a setup.

A tid bit the violators were not some thugs, they were professionals who actually worked within the operations at the Capital. I think I gave enough info to help and still kept their confidentiality. But thats how bad they wanted to catch someone.

Do we actually know any/all the facts here?
Was the shooter actually a prohibited person, or is the MSM blowing this up?

Guy is an FFL, knows the laws, so he has the dude fill out a 4473 but does not get an answer back from the State Police, and after the prescribed time transfers the firearm legally to the dude! Not sayin it's the way it went, but something sure smells fishy here!

Oregon, two people whom I have spoken with violated the 2015 provisions of private sale listed in SB941.
Without discussing the cases, they were made examples of because SB941 was a waste of money and solved nothing. To date two people who appear to have allegedly flaunted the defiance of the new law.
Its alleged they lost their Conceal Carry for 5 years and can not buy a firearm for 4, and some other BS, penalties,fine etc.
Its pretty common knowledge here in this forum where people have also alleged to have smelled a setup.

A tid bit the violators were not some thugs, they were professionals who actually worked within the operations at the Capital. I think I gave enough info to help and still kept their confidentiality. But thats how bad they wanted to catch someone.

Actually didn't they catch someone before then........................

Oh Snap, Pastor who bought the AR15 could face charges for violating SB941
LO Reverend Turns AR15 Into Garden Tools

Then again, I'm sure those 2 you discussed were of the wrong political persuasion...........................

Ray

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews