JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this on Ring neighbors app today. Awesome!

Video:

Screenshot:

4BF41D6F-A599-443B-9D72-D0A5F9AF5E13.jpeg

If I were going to leave a bait box, it would have a glass vial of Methanethiol in it rigged to shatter when the box was opened. Like my granddaughter says "That smells like the bog of eternal stench!"

Spring-load the contents and tie a long thin wire to the trigger inside the box. Anchor the other end of the wire to the porch. Set the length so that you get a video of the bandit getting a poo explosion in the front yard.

I had a friend in high school that told me how he would fill a garbage bag with dog poop and urine or water, tie off the bag and put it into a box, and then rig the box with a razor blade that would cut the bag open when the box was opened. He said he used that trick a couple of times to get back at people that were messing with him.

Sure glad he was my friend... :)

"and then rig the box with a razor blade that would cut the bag open when the box was opened."

For the life of me I can't envision the mechanism that would do this.
Leave the bottom of the box open and the top of the box shut. Glue a string to each of the top flaps of the box. Leave strings laying along the side of the box. Insert payload. Attach blades to each string, between the side of the box and the payload, keeping the string taut. Seal the bottom of the box.

I'm sure it would take a few test runs (with blanks) to perfect it but that would be my base design.

Or I'd attach the razor directly to the flap and force it to rotate toward the payload when the flap is opened. Maybe tape the dull edge to the flap and attach some string or wire near the sharp edge.

Leave the bottom of the box open and the top of the box shut. Glue a string to each of the top flaps of the box. Leave strings laying along the side of the box. Insert payload. Attach blades to each string, between the side of the box and the payload, keeping the string taut. Seal the bottom of the box.

I'm sure it would take a few test runs (with blanks) to perfect it but that would be my base design.

Or I'd attach the razor directly to the flap and force it to rotate toward the payload when the flap is opened. Maybe tape the dull edge to the flap and attach some string or wire near the sharp edge.
Ooh I like that design. Maybe could also glue/silicone a lightbulb filled with skunk juice (or other disgusting fluid) to an emptied shotgun shell (leave in just the primer I'm thinking, no powder, for safety). Then put the shell on one of these $25 trip wire devices (camp alarm) from 5th opps. These things are simple and reliable. Primer alone might not be enough oomph though I dunno.

3E7DEDC8-E838-461D-9EE7-0564CDEDBE99.png

Ooh I like that design. Maybe could also glue/silicone a lightbulb filled with skunk juice (or other disgusting fluid) to an emptied shotgun shell (leave in just the primer I'm thinking, no powder, for safety). Then put the shell on one of these $25 trip wire devices (camp alarm) from 5th opps. These things are simple and reliable. Primer alone might not be enough oomph though I dunno.

View attachment 1092504
I'd stay away from anything using any gun or ammunition part. Too much of a temptation for a wayward LEO or prosecutor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top