JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He reaches from beyond the GRAVE to put a hold on my gun buying! I pulled a grand out of the bank to have fun at the show, only to find out that my background checks will be "delayed." I can't even get my guns back from the pawnshop. Now Federal supervision is involved in every Oregon background check, and I am screwed for gunshows.

It seems that I have an "unresolved" Federal felony arrest record from 1972! They have no record that all charges were dropped---actually never formally made to begin with. Naturally, they also have no records that I was ever either extradited to a different State or jumped bail, was arraigned on any charges or made any plea, was ever tried or convicted or sentenced or served my time---because NONE of that ever happened!

Somebody probably mis-filed a piece of paper thirty-eight years ago, and now I have to try to prove a negative. Never mind that in the intervening decades I have never been arrested, have bought many guns legally, and have been issued a passport and a concealed carry license!

Fortunately, the Oregon State Police background check office is very sympathetic and is working on my behalf to settle this tempest in a teapot. Thank's for letting me vent......................elsullo :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top