JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My mom crashed her car yesturday, into a Trader Joes. Only she was hurt - minor.

So, no car and the cops have suspended her license until she is evaluated - age related.

She does not have, nor understands, a smart phone so Uber / Lyft are out.

What Cab companies can you all recommend? There are quite a few.

TIA

I didn't say this, but I hope she does not pass the evaluation, it is time for her to give up driving and this is a way to blame the system and not me.

Is she with AARP? They have tons of resources for elderly to get around.

If she is capable of living on her own she can use a simple phone to Uber or Lyft. These are light years above cabs. If she really is too gone to do this she should be eligible for one of those shuttle things but they are far from nice. Try showing her how an app for these works. If she really can't get it? I would be worried about her living on her own for her safety.

If she is capable of living on her own she can use a simple phone to Uber or Lyft. These are light years above cabs. If she really is too gone to do this she should be eligible for one of those shuttle things but they are far from nice. Try showing her how an app for these works. If she really can't get it? I would be worried about her living on her own for her safety.

Phone for Uber?

My thought was she can use her flip phone to call a cab. Simple.
Something she already understands.

I could set up an account for the payment with Uber/Lyft.

Can someone send me a link to the how to use with just a phone?
I am seeing how to use with the app or on a browser ...

--

I hadn't thought of AARP, I'll look at that too.
She is a member - supplemental Medicare at the least.

Trimet has TriLift, it's the shuttle bus that does door to door rides. My mom used to use it when she was up there in age and going through chemo. There's a qualification process but it's basically for people who really can't use the regular Trimet services due to physical or other limitations. Definitely cheaper than taxi's or uber. Friendly drivers too.
LIFT Eligibility Requirements

Phone for Uber?

My thought was she can use her flip phone to call a cab. Simple.
Something she already understands.

I could set up an account for the payment with Uber/Lyft.

Can someone send me a link to the how to use with just a phone?
I am seeing how to use with the app or on a browser ...

--

I hadn't thought of AARP, I'll look at that too.
She is a member - supplemental Medicare at the least.

Just get the App for either or both, it walks you through how to make an account and pay. You could even set it up to pay for her if you wish. Just open the app, it shows where the cars are in relation to your location. So you see when the car is coming, even gives you the car, and drivers name, before they pull up to pick you up. All paid for with the app. You get in, they drop you off, all is done.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top