JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marine Corps security forces training?
I was in Marine Corps Security Forces and only had regular grunt training and specialty training in my MOS (anti-tank assault).
Federal law requires combat trained Marines on any naval installation where nuclear material is present*... and there was some pretty cool training that happened after I was stationed (with Army Rangers at Huckleberry Creek Mountain Warfare Training Camp, Green Berets at Ft Lewis, SEALS in San Diego, Brit Royal Marines, French Fusiliers, demolitions, MK19, fam-fire of various weapons, etc.)... not calling Mr Harrell out, just wondering what Marine Security Forces training he's talking about.

The emphasis on training as a "Barracks Baby" puts the "training" I recieved when I cycled back to the FMFMF to shame... 'cept for the part where real meanies were actually shooting at us... that part was pretty intense... and instructional.

RAH!

*Also embassy and sea-duty. Those squared-away Marines you see at embassies (sp?) and the White House are included in that program... they look sharp as hell in their dress blues but they're not just window dressing.. they gots training and they'll happily f**k you up if you need f**kin-up.

Last Edited:
I wouldn't know.

I do know that what the USCG now does for LE training is much more extensive than what I went thru for being a boarding officer. So it just depends on when and where (IIRC, even when I was in - 40+ years ago - the training they gave boarding officers in Florida, and the experience they had on the water, was much more intense than what I went thru). Either way, some training is better than nothing.

Marine Corps security forces training?
I was in Marine Corps Security Forces and only had regular grunt training and specialty training in my MOS (anti-tank assault).
Federal law requires combat trained Marines on any naval installation where nuclear material is present*... and there was some pretty cool training that happened after I was stationed (with Army Rangers at Huckleberry Creek Mountain Warfare Training Camp, Green Berets at Ft Lewis, SEALS in San Diego, Brit Royal Marines, French Fusiliers, demolitions, MK19, fam-fire of various weapons, etc.)... not calling Mr Harrell out, just wondering what Marine Security Forces training he's talking about.

The emphasis on training as a "Barracks Baby" puts the "training" I recieved when I cycled back to the FMFMF to shame... 'cept for the part where real meanies were actually shooting at us... that part was pretty intense.

RAH!

*Also embassy and sea-duty. Those squared-away Marines you see at embassies (sp?) and the White House are included in that program... they look sharp as hell in their dress blues but they're not just window dressing.. they gots training and they'll happily f**k you up if you need f**kin-up.
I think he details this in another video, he was a Trainer in the Marines, not actual Security Forces! I may have misheard him, but that't what I remember! No idea which video it was, ( I watch a lot of them) but it might have been his rebuttal video he did for that stupid Air Farce puke who called him out on YouTube!

I think he details this in another video, he was a Trainer in the Marines, not actual Security Forces! I may have misheard him, but that't what I remember! No idea which video it was, ( I watch a lot of them) but it might have been his rebuttal video he did for that stupid Air Farce puke who called him out on YouTube!
I have little doubt that training for certain MOSses has improved and been more pinpointed for specific duties... that only makes sense.

I mean, hell... MarSoc was only invented after DS l because the Marines wanted in on the SOCOM action and didn't really have a unit unless you count the Forced Recon guys.

You can like or dislike Donald Rumsfeld, but he IS the cat that changed the face of our military from large-scale troop movement and brigade-sized engagements to his vision of a small, fast-moving, specialized unit engagement. A 21st century Blitzkreig.

The Germans handed us our asses on the western front for months using fast-moving armor to punch through our lines, get out of range, and wreak havoc on comms and supply lines... while we were still hookin' and jabbin' with Germany's B team on the front lines.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I READ YOUR BOOK"

I never knew exactly what Gen Patton (okay, George C. Scott playing Gen Patton) meant by that until I got older and actually read Irwin Rommel's book... freakin' genius. Tzun Tzu would be proud.

What were we talking about... ?

Paul H is great! Makes informative videos too. His introduction of the *meat target* is legendary, a real game changer.
The meat target does an excellent job of separating bullet hype over actual bullet performance.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top