JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello all:

I just read through the 14 pages and decided to register. My head hurts…….

Thank you to all for your efforts in the problems with the Patriot Safe locking issues. I too have a Patriot Safe I purchased back in 2007 from them directly over the internet. It was delivered as planned to my residence and I did the install.

I changed the batteries in the door every year on the New Years Day until the lock stopped displaying the digits in 2019. Then I like you all found out the company went out of business.

I have been using the keys since, and have been lucky that I do have the manual, backup battery pack and the safe has been great otherwise.

I am interested in getting a new electronic lock set if one is available somewhere. I am not sure after reading the 14 pages what the status is/was recently on the availability? Granted I probably need to read back thru again and take notes.

Anyway, thanks for all of your research.

edspilot

I ordered this cam lock and it is 3/4 inch in diameter. The original cam lock was 1 inch. Is there a way to make it work?
You find out anything regarding the diameter?.. recently moved and lost one of my primary keys (not full barrel emergency key). So i was initial glad i found this ... not maybe not so much. I went ahead and ordered a couple of the key blanks to try the dremel method myself .. hopefully that works .. but honestly i thought buying the medico version just to make things easier. (but have the concern if its not the right size 3/4 vs 1 inch)
To be honest i love the design .. key and code to get in .. and a manual bypass with 2 keys in case it fails. I just wish we could get a good design that get parts and replacements.

and btw 1st post on forums... got a lot catch up reading to do it seems.

Hi Everyone. I just joined because this thread seems to be the only source of information on patriot safes on the entire internet. I need a little help, and I also have one thing that I might be able to contribute that might help someone else who has the same problem with the tubular key not turning.

I've had my safe since 2013 or 2014. Like many of you, I've had my share of frustrations with this company that dropped off the face of the earth. These are the issues I've had with it:

1) A while back I lost one of my Baodean dimple keys. I've seen several posts about where to buy key blanks, but I've yet to find anyone who can actually cut these keys. I've talked to and emailed at least a half dozen locksmiths in my area and none of them could help me. I don't think I have the skills to buy key blanks and take a dremel to them to try to make them look the same as my key. But let me know if anyone has tried that. Does anyone know how to get this dimple key cut professionally? I'm really nervous about just having one key for my safe.

2) Because of problem #1, I've also been looking into replacing the dimple lock. It's pretty easy to remove it, but I've yet to find anything that will come close to fitting. Someone recommended the Medeco 2" cylinder, but I bought one and it's much smaller in diameter than the original cylinder, plus it's a little shorter and the cams are different and not interchangeable. I can post pictures if anyone wants to see details of the Medeco lock and the Baodean lock. Maybe the Medeco lock could work to replace the tubular lock (I haven't tried) but it definitely can't replace the dimple lock. If anyone has a lead for replacing the dimple lock without needing a CNC and a lot of custom work, let me know please. It seems like it's not only a dead end to replace the key, but to replace the lock as well.

3) I'm not sure it's been mentioned yet. The external battery pack is replaceable. I got one on Amazon a couple years ago and it worked fine.

4) The tubular key backup almost never worked for me. It wouldn't turn. When I took the back panel off, I realized that the bar that slides right and left had way too much slop in it, so the bar was getting in the way of the cam from the lock that was trying to push the solenoid plunger down. I added several washers to the stanchion that holds that bar to keep it from sliding towards the door and interfering with the cam. I'll attach a picture. It was easy to do and works well. Just another testament to patriot's quality control that they would allow that amount of sloppiness in the construction.

FE5ABF84-01BE-4255-AB01-E965AFD18D24.jpg

Can these safes be opened with only the digital combination and without the two keys?
Has anyone tried keys from another safe? Curious if either are interchangeable. I would guess not but looking on this thread maybe someone has tried it. I have acquired a patriot at auction no keys and keypad is dead. Was going to try the external battery supply and the default combos if that is possible.
No, you need either the combination or the tubular bypass key, and you need the main key. All the electronics do is move a little solenoid plunger down. The tubular bypass key pushes the same plunger down. The main key is still going to be needed to slide the horizontal bar that needs to get out of the way to allow you to open the safe. The only way to get in without the main key is going to be to hire a locksmith to break into it.

Hello all:

I just read through the 14 pages and decided to register. My head hurts…….

Thank you to all for your efforts in the problems with the Patriot Safe locking issues. I too have a Patriot Safe I purchased back in 2007 from them directly over the internet. It was delivered as planned to my residence and I did the install.

I changed the batteries in the door every year on the New Years Day until the lock stopped displaying the digits in 2019. Then I like you all found out the company went out of business.

I have been using the keys since, and have been lucky that I do have the manual, backup battery pack and the safe has been great otherwise.

I am interested in getting a new electronic lock set if one is available somewhere. I am not sure after reading the 14 pages what the status is/was recently on the availability? Granted I probably need to read back thru again and take notes.

Anyway, thanks for all of your research.

edspilot
Well I see I'm not the only one! My batteries have went dead before but had no problem using the battery pack and getting the door open and putting in new batteries. This time, the battery indicator indicates they are full. I put in the combo and get error. Last time, when the batteries went dead, it did something different, but I don't remember exactly what? I've got the keys, somewhere, so hopefully they will open it up. I'm worried the mother board is shot. This thread has given me lots of info. I can't find my manual either! I put it in a safe place where it wouldn't get lost and don't remember where!!!

I should have about 7 complete sets of these in about a month, the electronic lock, the main key cylinder with keys and the over-ride cylinder with keys. I did a lot of digging and managed to locate some, so I purchased them and should be here in January sometime. My safe lock died and I lost one set of the keys! So needless to say I have been super paranoid about losing that set of keys and being totally screwed. I will keep everyone posted that's interested in buying one as I will have extras. I did a lot of talking to make this happen!
Do you have any of these lock sets available?

OK, here's the story: If I can get 2 (or more) people to buy with me, I can get them for $70 each which would include them shipping to me (from China) and me shipping to you within the US. Prob $5 cheaper (each) if I can buy 4 or more. They come with BOTH physical locks, not just the electronic parts. To buy just one is at least $100 (which I'll go ahead and do if nobody else wants to buy with me.) I will ask that you pay me when I make the order. Happy to refer you to my eBay feedback score if you have any concerns. I'll go ahead with an order around the end of the week with a quantity based on what I hear from any folks on this forum. If you order with me I'll keep you updated on tracking throughout the process.

View attachment 831197
Do you still have any of these or can you share the link to where to purchase? My Patriot Safe keypad just went on permanent vacation.

Hello all, had to join to join this thread.

I'm looking at picking up used safe and found this in my travels. I'm interested if anyone has indeed retro'd one of the Amazon locks onto a safe. Trying to figure out if it's worth my time to invest in another outdated relic of machinery or just let it go.

For the Square style you are asking about I might be able to help.
The battery pack is only used for holding time and date and current password so you can actually get by without it. The alarm log and intrusion data are also stored in the memory but you don't need historical logs unless you're checking to see when others accessed the safe and how many failed attempts were made to get inside.

If you guys are stuck but have both of the factory keys then shoot me a note and I'll get you reprogrammed with new codes and time and date.
I just signed up to this forum and will let whoever is interested know when they arrive.
Just for clarification, my safe has the rectangle lock exactly like the photo KIMFAB posted on Dec 6th. It's electronic with the main key and the over-ride tubular key behind the plastic cover that you have to slide off on the right side of the keypad. I will have the complete lock set(s). I had to buy several to get the (1) one I wanted...I'm replacing the entire lock. The keypad, and both key cylinders so I have extra keys.
I just signed up to this forum and will let whoever is interested know when they arrive.
Just for clarification, my safe has the rectangle lock exactly like the photo KIMFAB posted on Dec 6th. It's electronic with the main key and the over-ride tubular key behind the plastic cover that you have to slide off on the right side of the keypad. I will have the complete lock set(s). I had to buy several to get the (1) one I wanted...I'm replacing the entire lock. The keypad, and both key cylinders so I have extra keys.
do you by chance have knowledge of where to get the entire lock?

I should have about 7 complete sets of these in about a month, the electronic lock, the main key cylinder with keys and the over-ride cylinder with keys. I did a lot of digging and managed to locate some, so I purchased them and should be here in January sometime. My safe lock died and I lost one set of the keys! So needless to say I have been super paranoid about losing that set of keys and being totally screwed. I will keep everyone posted that's interested in buying one as I will have extras. I did a lot of talking to make this happen!
Hi Micheal
I just inherited a patriot safe square key board two key with a broken key any chance you might still have keys you would be willing to sell
My contact (removed by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why folks would post contact information in an open forum anyone can read.

On a firearms forum.

In todays world, or at any time in the past for that matter…

Use the private messaging system on here (conversation tool) for goodness sake.

Hi there I was checking to see if you might still have a set you would interested in selling I inherited this safe came with a broken # 20 key and a working code but that's it
Would appreciate any help
Thanks Jim whitney
[email protected]
413-522-4379

Hi there I was checking to see if you might still have a set you would interested in selling I inherited this safe came with a broken # 20 key and a working code but that's it
Would appreciate any help
Thanks Jim whitney
[email protected]
413-522-4379
Not sure why folks would post contact information in an open forum anyone can read.

On a firearms forum.

In todays world, or at any time in the past for that matter…

Use the private messaging system on here (conversation tool) for goodness sake.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top