Answered Password

Discussion in 'Questions & Help' started by trikerdon, Feb 12, 2019.

1. trikerdon

trikerdon
    Bremerton, WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Am I the only one that has to send in for a password change whenever I want to get on the forum? I try to sign in but it always says I have the wrong password. Don't know what is going on but wish someone would tell me!!!!!

2. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Silver Supporter

My computer asked "Remember me..?"
    As a password option...do you get anything like that , when you log in...?
    Andy

CountryGent likes this.
  3. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Since I don't have to enter my password when I visit (like most of us who chose "Remember Me) I've had to reset it the few times I logged in to a new device.

cigars, Taco_lean and AndyinEverson like this.
  4. trikerdon

trikerdon
    Bremerton, WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have clicked on the "Remember Me " a dozen or more times. Doesn't seem to do anything.

5. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Just click on it once;):D

CountryGent and AndyinEverson like this.
  6. AMT

AMT
    Vancouver, WA.
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Your computer security settings might be set too high. You may also have a setting that is set for "never store or save passwords".

Just thoughts.

3MTA3 and AndyinEverson like this.
  7. cigars

cigars
    USA.
    DON'T CALIFORNIA OREGON. Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Make sure that your browser isn't set to clear cookies and history every time you close it.

AndyinEverson, 3MTA3 and CountryGent like this.
  8. 3MTA3

3MTA3
    Western Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

This is a bit off topic but whenever passwords come up I like to tell people to use KeePass: KeePass Password Safe

It's encrypted, safe, and free. It's also used by several Federal agencies and runs on all major operating systems including tablets and smart phones.

Every password I manage goes in here & I usually write the password in a text editor, then copy and paste into whatever site I need to access as well as KeePass. I also backup the KeePass database to my internal "cloud" whenever I make a change. You can also email it to yourself if you don't trust the various clouds (I don't trust ANY storage I don't manage and have total control over)

Mrs. 3M relies on her web browser to remember her passwords, and I frequently have to look them up in KeePass for her when it doesn't work. I don't use that feature EVER because I don't trust the developers and corporations that created the web browsers, except perhaps, Firefox since it's open source. Google and Microsoft will sell out your privacy in a heartbeat and already sell your browsing history to others.

It goes without saying to not use passwords that are too easy for others to figure out.

AMT and AndyinEverson like this.