Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Parkland Shooting - Officers donation fund

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wichaka, Nov 30, 2009.

1. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

I have been out of the area hauling livestock and did not hear about the tragedy until late this afternoon, but was told that it was 4 Seattle Officers. I know from experience that anything done in and around the Puget Sound area always seems to be taken as Seattle.

Later a former partner of mine called and told me it was Lakewood P.D. Officers. I train and teach with 4 of them, so naturally the flags went up and I was on the phone.

Talked with some of my fellow instructors from there and found that I know 2 of deceased. Also got the story of what transpired. All I can say at this point is FOX news seems to have the best account of what actually happened.

I trained and taught with Sgt. Renninger, and knew Officer Richards through other means.

I am starting a donation fund for all the families involved. I will accept donations from now until December 20th.

Once all are collected, I will forward them to the designated person at Lakewood P.D. for disbursement. I will make sure they know the funds came from the members of NWFA Forum.

Send to;

Officers Fund - NWFA
    PO Box 203
    Trout Lake, WA. 98650

2. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Thanks for doing this Wichaka.

3. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Wichaka, do you have a PayPal account? Either way, I will see what I can do.

4. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

I'd like to keep it off paypal, because of the fees they charge. Am trying to make the most of getting every cent to the families.

5. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Makes sense, no problem.

Thank you for doing this and sorry for your loss.

6. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

Count me in.
    A check is on the way.
    Thank you for doing this!
    Terry