JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It looks awesome, as does a few other newer Para offerings. I've read good reviews on the Elite Hunter, just stay away from their double stack 1911's as they're having troubles fixing the issues they are having.

the link is of a EEA 10 mm, which is a Italian gun maker Tanfoglio. I have their 9mm, nice guns and you can't beat the price. I also have a Para double stack black opps, never had a single miss in over 1000 rounds, and a Para 14-45 elite, have not figured out why some people don't like them. My single stack Para 9mm had to go back and it has been 2 months, I suppose if that was the only gun I had I would be upset. Two big thumbs up for both the Para and Tanfoglio.

I built A para P-16 in 10MM,the para's just aren't built to handle the full power loads all the MIM parts broke and then the lock pin hole started to egg out.

Well I'm hoping the new one was actually made for the 10mm abuse. Most people I have talked to about other brands have said the manufacturers have made frames specifically for the tens instead of using the 45 frames. Well they have to make the grip bigger for the longer 10mm anyway
Thanks for the responses
Mike

If you want a pistol that can handle full-power 10mm (Buffalo Bore, etc.), then get yourself a Glock 20, and put a 20-22 lb. recoil spring in it.

Got that covered,want a 1911 10mm
And I wouldn't buy Buffalo Bore rounds for free.I bought some 10mm and they were loaded shoddy. Then I emailed them and whoever emailed back was a whiner.
I'll never buy their shYte again.

I've had a Para P14 for many years, and have many rounds through the gun with no issues whatsoever. I've used it for every type of competition, and put every conceivable type of ammo through it with no problems.

I don't know about the Para 10mms. Alternative 1911s for that would be Colt, Kimber, Dan Wesson, and RIA (and probably others). I've got 2 Colts and a Kimber in 10mm and haven't had any problems.

elsie

I built a PO back in the early 90's
I started with a P14 frame kit, prepped it to take a beavertail and other goodies.
I fit all the internal parts as well.

The frame finish was rough, so I cleaned it up and then bead blasted the entire thing, except the rails.

I had a lovely Colt Baltimore Centennial slide that I found at a gun show and it fit, but was looooooooooooooooooooooose.

So, off to the hard chromers to get things tightened up.

We ended up flashing on about .005" of hard chrome over the entire frame, which made it almost too tight for the slide, but judicious use of lapping compound and "elbow" grease smoothed it out nicely.

The gun ended up being very accurate and was my IPSC gun for several years.

Now this was a 45 ACP gun, which has a far lower pressure level than a 10 mike

The full house 10 is going to rattle things real hard, and unless everything is top shelf (barrel, internals etc) can shake it to pieces.

The power levels in a 10 are stout to say the least.

Overall, my feelings about the PO pistols is good, but I am not sure I would go 10 mike in them, more likely to stick with a 40 s&w

I have never been a real fan of the EAA, even though I had a Witness Gold team in 9x21 for some time.

Well made, but I hated the slide profile, as it was hard to grip the slim squatty slide to charge the thing.

The 9x21 did crack the slide at the port window after about 10,000 rounds, but the material in that area was very thin. ??????