JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some help from some one that has a Sig p229 in 9mm and has a set of calipers for measuring.

The reason is because I just got a p228/p229 target barrel for my p228 and it dosen't fit. It seems to have been mis-machined or mis-labeled.

The barrel drops in so far that it hits the feed ramp on the extractor.

The dimension that i'm interested in would be from the top of the chamber to the bottom of the feed ramp.

my p228 is: .830

my p229 .40 is: .780

my p226 9mm is : .833

my new barrel is .782

The new barrel has the thin wall so I know that it's not a conversion barrel.

It's aftermarket

I get that it could need fitting. There seems to be a bigger problem than stoning of the lock lug or the bottom of the feed ramp. Like its missin .050 of material

My concern is that the p228 and p229 9mm may not be the same dimensions if they are than this barrel has a problem.

looks like sig made the feed ramps longer on the factory 9mm guns with a different locking block from the .40 guns so you can't put a p229 9mm barrel in a .40 cal gun

could be dangerous with a loose barrel fit or get bound up

looks like someone messed up i'm calling asap

I can't assemble my p229 .40 with a p228 factory barrel because the feed ramp hits BUT I can assemble it with my new target barrel.

Um... aren't you supposed to have the barrel fitted to the pistol? I've never heard of a pistol barrel that was a drop-in replacement.

Lots are look at Lone Wolf.

The problem seems to be guys his 228 barrel is .05 taller than this, there's short on metal not long to be removed.

Who's the barrel from- and call them! they will have the answer for you, or should.

Well just called them and the guy said that they ramped up production and have had a few issues recently. He is going to check on it right away to see if they have others that are wrong. Either way I will let you know who made it and how the customer support is as soon as the issue is resolved.

I don't feel its right that I condem a company on the internet at least until I know the whole story and give them a chance to make it right. I'm sure there are people that work there that are using their paycheck to put food on the table.

Thanks to all for your help

Wait, are you trying to put a 9mm barrel in a .40 slide? That is your problem. The .40/357 slide and the 9mm slide on the 229 are different.

That is your problem.

You definitely need to get the new 9mm barrel fitted by a QUALIFIED gunsmith.

Are you sure you measured from the top of the chamber, don't you mean the top of the lug to the bottom of feed ramp. Maybe my nomenclature is wrong.

That measurement on my P229 is .833.

Thickness of my stock Sig barrel is .096.

I just measured the same dimension on my P226 and it measures the same as the P229 .833

Thanks for the measurements Orygun_Patriot I Guess you are getting the same measurements as I am you are right I was talking about the outside of the chamber (top of the lug)

I tried to get the manufacturer EFK Firedragon to measure their barrels as compared to their test gun and they wouldn't so I sent my barrel back and they sent me another that they said was tried out in the test gun and functioned....... well I don't doubt that it may function but it still hits the feed ramp on the extractor and allows the slide to move .030 front to back when in battery. So I sent the second barrel back and am waiting on my refund check.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top