JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's the deal with P-mags not falling freely out of my rifles? Just bought a couple more last night and they insert just fine but wont drop. They have to be manually removed. Is it the mags or the lowers? I really hate these things, always have, would much rather have GI mags. Can I sand down the mags a bit to make em work better?

I'll say the lowers (if all the same) are the issue

2 different lowers. First is a Bushmaster XM-15 second is Superior arms. Neither of them drop. My buddies drop from his but his brothers dont. They both have the same manufacturer

I have one that does that but, the rest pretty much fall like they're supposed to. Wonder if a batch came out a little on the thick side?

It happens. We have had a thread or two like this before. In fact I think I made one! :D

I have lowers that will drop mags free, and others that are a lot tighter with the same mag.

I've deemed it to be the anodizing being a bit heavy in the magwell as far more likely than the pmag as being significantly wider than the typical spec.

I've had P Mags and others that were a bit tight. Laying them flat on a lathe file, with the slightest of pressure, taking just a tiny bit off the thickness will soon make them acceptable.

Last Edited:
THATS the response I was lookin for!!!! :)

Yes be sure your magazines drop free in case there is a SHTF event. I am using a Aero lower for my primary AR now and I have tried Magpul G2 and G3, Okay, NHMTG which are Okay branded magazines, D&H, Lancer L5AWM, and the newer Okay Surefeed E2 magazines.

Yes be sure your magazines drop free in case there is a SHTF event. I am using a Aero lower for my primary AR now and I have tried Magpul G2 and G3, Okay, NHMTG which are Okay branded magazines, D&H, Lancer L5AWM, and the newer Okay Surefeed E2 magazines.

AK users have figured out how to work without mags dropping free since the AK was the AK. :)

I have a lower that has same problem. I just run a length of paracord up into one sleeve and out the other and attach ends of paracord to bottom of mags. I simple jerk is all that is needed to free empty mag and the other loaded spare is always at hand. I call them my tactical idiot mags.

Not really.:D

Molded plastic doesn't always set up correctly as it is cooling during the mold process , especially when your cranking them out in the numbers MagPul does, so you get dimensional anomalies at times. Being a Mil-Spec Supplier, this should be brought to their attention!
I find them to work mostly, and the few that don't can be tuned a little as others have pointed out here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top