JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's the deal with P-mags not falling freely out of my rifles? Just bought a couple more last night and they insert just fine but wont drop. They have to be manually removed. Is it the mags or the lowers? I really hate these things, always have, would much rather have GI mags. Can I sand down the mags a bit to make em work better?

I'll say the lowers (if all the same) are the issue

2 different lowers. First is a Bushmaster XM-15 second is Superior arms. Neither of them drop. My buddies drop from his but his brothers dont. They both have the same manufacturer

I have one that does that but, the rest pretty much fall like they're supposed to. Wonder if a batch came out a little on the thick side?

It happens. We have had a thread or two like this before. In fact I think I made one! :D

I have lowers that will drop mags free, and others that are a lot tighter with the same mag.

I've deemed it to be the anodizing being a bit heavy in the magwell as far more likely than the pmag as being significantly wider than the typical spec.

I've had P Mags and others that were a bit tight. Laying them flat on a lathe file, with the slightest of pressure, taking just a tiny bit off the thickness will soon make them acceptable.

Last Edited:
THATS the response I was lookin for!!!! :)

Yes be sure your magazines drop free in case there is a SHTF event. I am using a Aero lower for my primary AR now and I have tried Magpul G2 and G3, Okay, NHMTG which are Okay branded magazines, D&H, Lancer L5AWM, and the newer Okay Surefeed E2 magazines.

Yes be sure your magazines drop free in case there is a SHTF event. I am using a Aero lower for my primary AR now and I have tried Magpul G2 and G3, Okay, NHMTG which are Okay branded magazines, D&H, Lancer L5AWM, and the newer Okay Surefeed E2 magazines.

AK users have figured out how to work without mags dropping free since the AK was the AK. :)

I have a lower that has same problem. I just run a length of paracord up into one sleeve and out the other and attach ends of paracord to bottom of mags. I simple jerk is all that is needed to free empty mag and the other loaded spare is always at hand. I call them my tactical idiot mags.

Not really.:D

Molded plastic doesn't always set up correctly as it is cooling during the mold process , especially when your cranking them out in the numbers MagPul does, so you get dimensional anomalies at times. Being a Mil-Spec Supplier, this should be brought to their attention!
I find them to work mostly, and the few that don't can be tuned a little as others have pointed out here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top