JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had this discussion with some friends of mine and wondered what you all thought on the matter. I have never been a big believer in +p ammo in my snubbie .38. I do not think that the extra "poop" behind the bullet would be of any benifit for such a short barrel (2"). Range test in my Smith has showed a considerable drop in accuracy if I feed her +p over a smaller load. What cha all think?

The short barrel doesn't have a fair chance to burn the extra powder. My guess is that you will get a wee bit more velocity, but a whole bunch more muzzle flash. That being the case, I wonder which round would be better in a gunfight...one with a little more power (very little more) and that will possibly damage your night vision, or the round with 98% of the power that won't bother your night vision?

Of course, more velocity means more power, but some times I wonder if it is worth the expense. As you said, you loose accuracy too...

Then there is the whole argument over practicing with what you will carry, and with a lightweight snubby (you didn't say your's was though) you would be considerably reducing the useable lifespan of the neat little revolver.

I would probably go for a heavier bullet rather than more velocity and muzzle flash.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top