JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very early Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan 454

IMG_20240205_132920035.jpg

1858 Remington replica. Found it on GB. Seller had slicked up the innards and cut the barrel to 3-1/2". (Test fitting a Kirst .22 conversion cylinder.)

1849 Colt replica. I slicked up the innards, and after seeing that the Kirst .22 converter barrel only extended a couple inches into the barrel, cut it down to 2-1/2" and installed a big ol' shotgun bead for a front sight.

NAA .22 black powder cap-n-ball. Heeheehee. No real reason to own one except bragging rights.

snubs.jpg

Slight change of subject, But does anyone have an IWB holster for a snubbie they really like?
I like the Azula Gunleathers IWB Clippies in leather. A very nice pouch for my K Frame S&W 10-5. Generally I can be active and not fear the pistol will fall out. I bend and stoop a lot in my job/life and it works good. I dont have the thumb break option and dont feel like I need it. Gonna try the same style and brand for a Springfield SA-35 soon.

This is one of my faves. S&W Model 36 no dash from 1968, first year of the plain Magna stocks. 5 shot little beast known as the Chief Special. Chambered in 38 Special. This one is unfired and in the box with all the papers and the cleaning kit. Also has the Buchmeier Federal Man Holster. So much fun and goodness here.

IMG_4021.jpeg IMG_4018.jpeg

EAA Windicator .357/.38. I call tank because for a snubby, it weighs like a tank! But, that's ok by me 'cause it's not a CCW piece.

thumbnail_20240412_180544.jpg
thumbnail_20240412_180634.jpg

How do you like the Windacator? Sportsman's has one , the price makes it tempting. It'd be a range toy, well another range toy….
Just got it in today so, no range report but, the feel and fit of it is pretty good! I like the heft as I don't have the biggest of hands so, recoil will be a breeze shooting the .357 loads. I'm thinking of making this one a hiking/backpacking gun. Not sure yet.

@nammac I forgot to mention. the DA trigger is pretty stout so, you really are meaning to shoot when you pull the trigger that way! No accidental discharges for sure. The SA trigger pull is actually quite nice and neither are gritty to the feel. Pretty smooth through the pull.

@nammac I forgot to mention. the DA trigger is pretty stout so, you really are meaning to shoot when you pull the trigger that way! No accidental discharges for sure. The SA trigger pull is actually quite nice and neither are gritty to the feel. Pretty smooth through the pull.
Understand about stout double action triggers, the 642 is certainly on the heavy side. But has gotten better the more cycle/shoot it. It currently hold the record for most dry fire cycles, that's helped a lot. And helped strengthen the ole trigger finger too!

It currently hold the record for most dry fire cycles, that's helped a lot. And helped strengthen the ole trigger finger too!
That just reminded me of picking up some snap caps for dry fire exercises. Will take some getting used to that DA pull. I believe I read somewhere that it was around a 12lb pull but, can't swear on that.

Shortest snubbie contest!!

Beat THAT!!
View attachment 821513

HA HA.... beat my snubbie! :D
Yep the only snubby I own. Massive loss of velocity compared to longer barrels but you can put it in the coin pocket of your jeans it's so small. Mines also .22 mag, the swing out cylinder with ejector rod/extractor type.

Its been okay so far, it definitely needs a better grip and sights. Stock trigger is one of the better factory triggers. Probably not even gonna mess with the trigger.
I went with Hogues and factory adjustable sights. Had to get a gunsmith to install them, the rear sight wouldn't budge. The smith had to saw down through the sight so it could collapse in on itself, then drive it out.

K6Sh.jpg K6Sg.jpg

Some great revolvers posted guys, definitely made me drool a few times! Thanks for sharing!
Here's my modest contribution, having just recently found my love for wheel guns I currently only own 1 snubby but she's treated me very well so far.
My first choice for a snub nose revolver came down between the Ruger sp101, a Smith model 60, and the kimber k6. After doing a ton of reading and traveling try samples of each I narrowed by decision to the kimber. Main reasons being...
-6 shot capacity while still maintaining compact size.
-everything is nicely rounded to prevent snags and is very comfortable for ccw
- I found the trigger and build quality to be on point with the S&W samples I inspected. Comparatively speaking, personally I found the sp101 bullt like a tank but "unrefined" when compared to the others.

068968ee-cc35-4b31-b634-ee827bd53eb2-1_all_2136.jpg 068968ee-cc35-4b31-b634-ee827bd53eb2-1_all_2069.jpg 1000000882.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews