JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Otis tools and the quality of their patches are great, but their patch design blows. I actually got one stuck in my AR barrel. And when they are stuck, they are stuck! When I called the company to complain, they told me to saturate the patch with cleaner and "keep trying" to get it out. I still use the patches, but I cut them in half and pull them through like a normal patch.

The Otis tools and the quality of their patches are great, but their patch design blows. I actually got one stuck in my AR barrel. And when they are stuck, they are stuck! When I called the company to complain, they told me to saturate the patch with cleaner and "keep trying" to get it out. I still use the patches, but I cut them in half and pull them through like a normal patch.

The reason your patch got stuck is that you did not follow the instructions on which Otis tip to use and/or used the wrong amount of the patch material pulled through the tip.

I have used the Otis all caliber cleaning kit on everything from .17 cal to .50 cal rifles and handguns without ever getting one stuck.

The Otis all caliber cleaning kit is an excellent light weight cleaning system for use in the field or in a BOB.

And Otis does have 2 sizes pf patches. One for 17-22 cal, the larger patches for 23 cal-12 gauge.

The reason your patch got stuck is that you did not follow the instructions on which Otis tip to use and/or used the wrong amount of the patch material pulled through the tip.

You were not present when I cleaned my gun, so your conclusion is nothing more than conjecture. I did in fact follow the instructions, used the correct tip and correct amount of patch material. Plain and simple, the patch got stuck.

My opinion of the Otis patch design is that it blows!

You were not present when I cleaned my gun, so your conclusion is nothing more than conjecture. I did in fact follow the instructions, used the correct tip and correct amount of patch material. Plain and simple, the patch got stuck.

My opinion of the Otis patch design is that it blows!
You did not use the correct hole. You think you did and you have plenty of company in that. The only time I have had issues is using the wrong hole. And the patch got bloody well stuck. A real effort it was to get out. Cleaning rod to the rescue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top