JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fascinated by the purplish, washed out blob that was what was left of Dad's "USN" Navy tattoo (the anchor, rope, etc.), I asked him (and Mom) about it when I was about 8-9 years old.

Dad said it was obtained on a drunk night in San Francisco at the age of 17, just before he shipped out to the South Pacific. (1941).

Mom (a little more perceptive) said that if I was thinking about a tattoo, that it should be in a place where only I, and someone I love can see it.

I told that story to a girlfriend in high school when we were talking about tattoos.

I ended up having to navigate past a small strawberry on the inside of her thigh every time I was headed where I wanted to go. I still like strawberries. :cool:

Some of us know the meaning of commitment.
Might be best that no one has you to drag their name thru the mud.
Toward playing Peacemaker with the likelihood of getting punched in the nose for it, the OP's message regarding reluctance to enshrining "somebody's brand" as a tattoo, I took as exactly that: His reference I believe was toward a commercial brand. ("Oregunian")

@orygun 's enviable devotion may have clouded his interpretation to a degree. Certainly his interpretation was different than mine, and I believe different than the intent or the direction of the OP's post. Timing may have been a factor, as that post came immediately following @orygun 's.

@JRMadrid (if my assessment of his post is correct) should have caught the misunderstanding and graciously clarified for @orygun. Such would have established a far better early reputation for him than defaulting to blanket statements regarding Moderator conduct and juvenile name calling ("Fudds gonna do...").

@JRMadrid should probably be held harmless for his post that inadvertently touched a nerve for @orygun.

But it may take him a while to repair my first impressions as a result of his later responses.

Being a Peacemaker sucks. Another Moderator should have stepped in. (There: my own blanket statement regarding Moderator conduct.) :cool:

Edited to add: If in the future I learn by means I cannot imagine that @orygun has a tattoo on the inside of his thigh that says, "Fords Rule!", I will move entirely to @JRMadrid 's camp on this one.

Last Edited:
speaking of brand names…a former coworker who rode a suzuki gsxr got a "GSXR" tattoo on his arm…later on he ended up selling the bike and buying a ducati
:s0114:
I may have not been clear. I'm not talking about brand as in Nike or BMW.

yellowstone.jpg

These days it seems like it's more counter-culture/rebellious to not have a tattoo than to have one.

As for specifically gun-related tattoos, sure there are risks like hurting your employment prospects but one could argue anyone getting that kind of tattoo wouldn't want to work for someone that won't hire an unabashed gun owner anyways.

These days it seems like it's more counter-culture/rebellious to not have a tattoo than to have one.

As for specifically gun-related tattoos, sure there are risks like hurting your employment prospects but one could argue anyone getting that kind of tattoo wouldn't want to work for someone that won't hire an unabashed gun owner anyways.
I wouldn't work for any company that had issues with tattoos. Covering them up every minute works in the winter but in the summer I'm not gonna melt just to appease someones fragile feelers. I'm not talking about forehead tattoos or similar, there is a limit haha.

Of course, any company that has issues with tattoos probably wouldn't hire me either. I'm good with that. :D

Ive always been impressed with the 6.5 Creedmoor's ballistics and options.
Ive never understood its intense criticism...

Anyone what to give a summary on where the criticism comes from?
Part of the dislike seems to come from it being overhyped and trendy. That was before I got back into shooting so I missed the hype.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top