JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive always been impressed with the 6.5 Creedmoor's ballistics and options.
Ive never understood its intense criticism...

Anyone what to give a summary on where the criticism comes from?
Previous responses crediting the "hype" rather than the cartridge for the criticism are probably accurate (and the fact that it truly is absolutely nothing new under the sun).

One of the gun rag writers was touring a barrel-maker's factory and asked the owner what he thought of the 6.5 Creedmoor. His response was priceless:

"It's a great cartridge, but I sure am sick and tired of hearing about it."

Previous responses crediting the "hype" rather than the cartridge for the criticism are probably accurate (and the fact that it truly is absolutely nothing new under the sun).

One of the gun rag writers was touring a barrel-maker's factory and asked the owner what he thought of the 6.5 Creedmoor. His response was priceless:

"It's a great cartridge, but I sure am sick and tired of hearing about it."
Hard to sell something that is best described as "Yeah, this is basically ok, but we have done it a couple other times before and those other visions work just as well"

I have no problem with tattoos and have several, but would never get a tattoo of a commercial brand, even if it's something I really liked. I also won't get a tattoo that is visible when wearing short sleeves. I get tattoos for my own enjoyment and sentiment, not to advertise my likes to everyone else.

I know plenty of people who treat their body as a canvass and are perfectly fine with getting whatever strikes their fancy. If that's your jam, enjoy it. It's your body - do with it as you wish... Just don't get mad when you realize you're providing cheap entertainment for those around you.

I have no problem with tattoos and have several, but would never get a tattoo of a commercial brand, even if it's something I really liked. I also won't get a tattoo that is visible when wearing short sleeves. I get tattoos for my own enjoyment and sentiment, not to advertise my likes to everyone else.

I know plenty of people who treat their body as a canvass and are perfectly fine with getting whatever strikes their fancy. If that's your jam, enjoy it. It's your body - do with it as you wish... Just don't get mad when you realize you're providing cheap entertainment for those around you.
People should worry about themselves and stop staring at others. Don't like them? Don't look. IDGAF what others think about my tats, I didn't get them for anyone else besides me. And unless I'm in church I'm not about to cover them up to appease others. :)

If I wasnt already invested in my collection I'd get one.
But it doesn't fill a gap with what I got.

If I wasnt already invested in my collection I'd get one.
But it doesn't fill a gap with what I got.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with 6.5CM. Some people can't get past the thought that the .30-06 is the best cartridge for anything. :D

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 6.5CM. Some people can't get past the thought that the .30-06 is the best cartridge for anything. :D
to be fair, 30-06 has been around for almost 120 years and its still in the conversation. not the best at anything particular but not the worst either i have one that i never shoot because i have a 308 and 300wm lol

to be fair, 30-06 has been around for almost 120 years and its still in the conversation. not the best at anything particular but not the worst either i have one that i never shoot because i have a 308 and 300wm lol
I almost substituted .308 for .30-06 haha :D

Last Edited:
FACINATING and eclectic thread.

I've been mesmerized.

So much so that I've decided to get a tattoo of a 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge being shot out of a Colt Peacemaker plastered on my left a$$ cheek.

Film at eleven.

Not really.

Or … maybe not, not really.

FACINATING and eclectic thread.

I've been mesmerized.

So much so that I've decided to get a tattoo of a 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge being shot out of a Colt Peacemaker plastered on my left a$$ cheek.

Film at eleven.

Not really.

Or … maybe not, not really.
That there is called "cheap insurance" that the Creedmoor discussion in this tattoo thread lives just a bit longer. Way to segue'!

That ink would look way better with either a Krink or Win M 94.
I have always had a little state name envy for Oregon, Montana, Arizona, Alaska, and Colorado. Always thought Washington should have been named Cascade or Columbia.
6.5 Creed - I do not need.
I used to really want the two guns above waistline lower back Tattoo with the red, white, and blue "By Any Means Necessary" banner above but my buddies told me it would be a tramp stamp. Most of the pics of guys (and a few homegurls) with the two pistols tucked SOB tats seemed to be previously incarcerated, judging by their other tattoos. Not the Freedom Loving, Flag Flying voters like most of the contributing members on here.

The 1rst Fantasy Island comment was priceless. I still occasionally call people "boss" just because it makes me momentarily happy.

That ink would look way better with either a Krink or Win M 94.
I have always had a little state name envy for Oregon, Montana, Arizona, Alaska, and Colorado. Always thought Washington should have been named Cascade or Columbia.
6.5 Creed - I do not need.
I used to really want the two guns above waistline lower back Tattoo with the red, white, and blue "By Any Means Necessary" banner above but my buddies told me it would be a tramp stamp. Most of the pics of guys (and a few homegurls) with the two pistols tucked SOB tats seemed to be previously incarcerated, judging by their other tattoos. Not the Freedom Loving, Flag Flying voters like most of the contributing members on here.

The 1rst Fantasy Island comment was priceless. I still occasionally call people "boss" just because it makes me momentarily happy.
Cool story, boss!

"Black mascara, L'Oreal on her lips,
A tribal tattoo, just above her hips,
A honky-tonkin' woman who wears her ink well.
Some things here under Heaven are just cooler'n Hell.

Yeah, some of this stuff down here's just cooler'n Hell."

Ray Wylie Hubbard

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany