JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tattoos can be see as artwork...as well as a form of self expression....
There also can be a Oops....WTF was I thnkin'...? :D

Don't have any....thought about gettin' one while in the Army...but the rules back then were more strict about tattoos than nowadays.
Besides....being in a LRRP / LRSD unit and operating behind enemy lines....ups the the odds of being captured.
And a tattoo will be used as a source of information / intelligence , as well as being used against you....
So I learned in S.E.R.E School.....:eek:
Andy

Ive always been impressed with the 6.5 Creedmoor's ballistics and options.
Ive never understood its intense criticism...

Anyone what to give a summary on where the criticism comes from?
I agree the ballistics are good, as are the 6.0 Creedmoor...
My observation is that it is viewed by many as a "hipster caliber ".

I admit it. I misread the title/heading...

oran 2.jpg

Ive always been impressed with the 6.5 Creedmoor's ballistics and options.
Ive never understood its intense criticism...

Aw Hell....
Any of those new fangled , self contained breech loading cartridges are just a passin' fad.... :eek: :D
It's all been down hill after these.....
Andy

I agree the ballistics are good, as are the 6.0 Creedmoor...
My observation is that it is viewed by many as a "hipster caliber ".
Thats been the butt of most of the jokes, some are pretty funny actually.
But there are some people out there that will. not. buy. one. for whatever reason and scoff at the idea of recommending it for anyone. I enjoy a good joke or two but dont get the vitriol on the caliber.

It has nothing to do with the cartridge performance. It has everything to do with the "fanboy" cult culture overhyping it as the "end all, do all"... every other cartridge is inferior... if you don't shoot creed you're an idiot, BS. Many of whom are just lemmings fairly ignorant of other calibers and lack experience in real world applications.

The harder it's hyped, and more so, the more condescending the creed-folk are it's natural they are going to get a heightened level of pushback. Human nature.... such as it is.

The whole, "I'm glad you like it, but you don't have to be an a-hole about it" thing. :D

It has nothing to do with the cartridge performance. It has everything to do with the "fanboy" cult culture overhyping it as the "end all, do all"... every other cartridge is inferior... if you don't shoot creed you're an idiot, BS. Many of whom are just lemmings fairly ignorant of other calibers and lack experience in real world applications.

The harder it's hyped, and more so, the more condescending the creed-folk are it's natural they are going to get a heightened level of pushback. Human nature.... such as it is.

The whole, "I'm glad you like it, but you don't have to be an a-hole about it" thing. :D
ok got it. Hopefully the fanboy culture will die off soon.

Now back to the tattoo.

Any ink has the potential to effect employment, my guess is that anyone getting that would be unlikely to apply at places that predictably might take a dim view of that design in particular I've know some very far left folks that freak out over ear gauges or even tattoo designs that very from what they deem expectable

Me? Just make me a decent Mexi-Mocha and wash your hands, beyond that I don't give a hoot about your life

Don't care one way or the other. That particular design wouldn't be my first choice, however it could be much worse.

Any ink has the potential to effect employment, my guess is that anyone getting that would be unlikely to apply at places that predictably might take a dim view of that design in particular I've know some very far left folks that freak out over ear gauges or even tattoo designs that very from what they deem expectable

Me? Just make me a decent Mexi-Mocha and wash your hands, beyond that I don't give a hoot about your life
Im guessing in todays world of workplace shootings many companies might not be comfortable knowing some strange new hire owns an AR or is obsessed with them enough to ink his whole arm up with one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top