JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may be in the wrong place but I don't see it as really too important to go in other spots.

On monday I travel to Washington (somewhere near battle ground).

I have oregon CHL. I will carry in Oregon as normal.
When I reach Washington am I safe to keep it on my side in the car. When I exit the vehicle to the funeral (which I won't take it with me) I will secure lock it in the car.

The main question which I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I'm double checking.

While I'm between the Oregon border and the spot where I lock it up am I safe with keeping it on my side in the car. (since vehicles are considered as non public space)

Then when we leave... I unlock and put back on hip, get in car, drive to Oregon as normal.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on my thinking

I just got back from a trip to Wash.I carried until I got to the border then I UNLOADED
and locked it in a pistol box.Wash. does NOT honor Ore. permits. Any guns transported
have to be UNLOADED in an opaque box.

Unless your traveling in your RV then they have to be behind the drivers compartment, RV`s are up to now reguarded as a place of residence behind the drivers compartment with your firearms.

Unless your traveling in your RV then they have to be behind the drivers compartment, RV`s are up to now reguarded as a place of residence behind the drivers compartment with your firearms.

please cite the RCW on this..... I think you might be speaking of New Mexico.

In Washington one must have a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) in order to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle as per RCW 9.41.050 (car, truck, RV, motorcycle, bus, train, ferry). The exception to this law is RCW 9.41.060 (8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

As long as the weapon was not loaded you could have laid it on the seat along with the magazine and drove to your location. since Washington is a "Shall Issue" state why not just pay the $55 and get one, then you have no more worries on carrying.

As long as the weapon was not loaded you could have laid it on the seat along with the magazine and drove to your location. since Washington is a "Shall Issue" state why not just pay the $55 and get one, then you have no more worries on carrying.

$$$$ right now and I plan on getting the Utah. Why waste the monies on WA

To a dead thread:

Who do I need to, how do I need to... get a hold of, what method to obtain a Washington Concealed license?

I'm no longer going the Utah route.

Is this the correct website?
http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faconcealreq.html
I see that it says any agency in Washington, I may make it a point next time I'm in Vancouver to do that.

Fingerprinting? I assume they do it there at the office when you apply?

And where would this clark county office be? Which specific office i mean.

downtown, behind and adjacent to the main courthouse. the jail is connected to the courthouse via a breezway. enter the jail throught the breezeway and your in the right place. you dont ever have to go into the main courthouse. dont take your piece into the jail or courthouse.

you'll probably have to show an oregon dl, and get printed, my bad.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Concealed Weapons Permits
Permits are accepted at the following location and times:
Clark County Law Enforcement Center
Front Desk Reception (main floor)
707 West 13th Street
Vancouver, WA 98660

Monday through Friday except holidays or county closures:
8:30 am &#8211; 4:00 pm
Applications are not provided or accepted after 4:00 pm

Applicants must be Clark County residents or Out of State residents. State of Washington residents outside Clark County, must apply at their local County Sheriff's office. All applications are required to be done in person; mail in applications can not be processed. Any applicant convicted of a felony can not have a permit unless rights have been restored by the appropriate court.

Original permit requirements:

- State or Federally issued identification (ex: state driver's license, military ID, passport)
- $55.25 cash or personal check
- Fingerprints (taken at time of application)
- Completed State of Washington Concealed Pistol License Application

Renewal/Late renewal requirements:

- State or Federally issued identification (ex: state driver's license, military ID, passport)
- $32.00 cash or personal check for those permits not expired (no earlier than 90 days before expiration)
- $42.00 cash or personal check for those permits expired 90 days or less
- If your previous permit has been expired for more than 90 days, you are required to apply as an original

Replacement requirements:

- $10.00 cash or personal check

No ATM or debit capabilities are available in our building.

Processing of any type of permit for county residents will take 30 days and out of state residents will take 60 days.

For additional information about concealed weapons permits and firearms, please go to the State of Washington Web Site: http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faconcealfaq.html

you'll probably have to show an oregon dl, and get printed, my bad.

Yeah they really didn't care that I had an Oregon CHL when I applied for my Washington permit. They don't even require any classes. Just pay the fee, get fingerprinted and wait for the background check. The Washington permit cost me less and lasts longer than the the Oregon permit too.

To a dead thread:

Who do I need to, how do I need to... get a hold of, what method to obtain a Washington Concealed license?

I'm no longer going the Utah route.

Is this the correct website?
WA State Licensing: Requirements - Concealed Pistol License
I see that it says any agency in Washington, I may make it a point next time I'm in Vancouver to do that.

Fingerprinting? I assume they do it there at the office when you apply?

Get a Florida permit, it's valid in WA. Everything you need to know is linked on the page below. You don't need to step foot in Florida either, just into your local PD. They will even send you everything you need to fill out for free.

<broken link removed>

Here is where you order the forms.

<broken link removed>

LoD is, for Oregon residents, wrong according to this note from the FL website

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

The cost list link
<broken link removed>

I read that too.
So am I correct in saying based upon that:

Since I'm not a WA resident the FL license is not honored in WA

I read that too.
So am I correct in saying based upon that:

Since I'm not a WA resident the FL license is not honored in WA

I would say that WA will honor the non-resident FL license, but FL won't honor a non-resident license from another state, even if that state has reciprocity with FL.

Here is the response I received from WSP regarding non-resident licenses from Utah. I believe I would get the same answer if I asked the question about Florida instead of Utah. It wouldn't hurt to ask about Florida though, and they responded to my last email in one business day!

To: ************@msn.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:00:08 -0700
Subject: RE: Concealed Pistol License

Dear Sir/Ma’am: thank you for your inquiry with the Washington State Patrol.

Washington State has concealed weapon reciprocity with Utah. Thus, a non-resident license from Utah would be acceptable.

If we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
WSP Webmaster/sfc

"Verrrrrrrrrrrry Interesting" USMC1345 (aka Jarhead) but according to Washington state AG site this is the rule "Florida* (WA residents only)." So your assumption would appear to be incorrect. But I know this page has not been updated in a while so let's do some recon on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top