JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking at getting some Automatic/Auto opening blades via button. I had several during my active duty days. Now I am retired & living in Oregon . On the knife websites they have a grid of all states showing legal or illegal. In Oregon it shows legal to own but, has a astrisk in legal to carry. Any Oregon LEOs or knowledgeable people that know Oregon law care to expand on the carry part of a Auto knife. Im not talking about the junk chinese switchblades of yesteryear. These are high quality USA made from Benchmade,Gerber,CRKT

I carry the Gerber I was given just before my last deployment, every day. I figure, I earned the right to carry the blue I.D. card, I figure that says I'm responsible enough to have military gear.

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.
(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section applies to any peace officer as defined in ORS 133.005, whose duty it is to serve process or make arrests. Justice courts have concurrent jurisdiction to try any person charged with violating any of the provisions of subsection (1) of this section. [Amended by 1977 c.454 §1; 1985 c.543 §2; 1989 c.839 §21; 1999 c.1040 §15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must have at least the pocket clip fully exposed or carry it in a fully exposed knife sheath. It can NOT be concealled.

I spent 14 years as a custom knifemaker and made automatic knives along with many other styles.

You must have at least the pocket clip fully exposed or carry it in a fully exposed knife sheath. It can NOT be concealled.

I spent 14 years as a custom knifemaker and made automatic knives along with many other styles.

Cool, I fully comply. It even sticks up above the pocket quite a bit.

Isn't there a size limit? Like under ? inches it can just sit in the pocket concealed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top