JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone can reply "off-hand" which Oregon Statute restricts persons under the age of 21 from owning or possessing a handgun.

I've scrubbed the ORS several times and I cannot find a reference.

From time to time I talk with a person (<21) who tells me they cannot even purchase HG ammo in Oregon.

Being a person who finds great comfort in knowing the legal-sources of our freedoms and restrictions, I am haunted by the idea that this "restriction" could simply be heuristics, hear-say or plain-ole discrimination against our younger HG enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if anyone can reply "off-hand" which Oregon Statute restricts persons under the age of 21 from owning or possessing a handgun.

I've scrubbed the ORS several times and I cannot find a reference.

From time to time I talk with a person (<21) who tells me they cannot even purchase HG ammo in Oregon.

Being a person who finds great comfort in knowing the legal-sources of our freedoms and restrictions, I am haunted by the idea that this "restriction" could simply be heuristics, hear-say or plain-ole discrimination against our younger HG enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance.

No, you are restricted (to a point) in owning and purchasing a handgun if you are under 18, not 21. You a "Minor" when you have "not attaind you 18th birthday". Minors cannot vote, own property in their name...etc (with exceptions)

If you are under 21 you may no purchase from a LICENESED DEALER (read FFL), but you may purchase a handgun at 18 from a private party...receive one as a give from someone, inherit one...etc..You MAY OWN a pistol at 18.

ORS 166.250(1)(c)(A)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads