JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone can reply "off-hand" which Oregon Statute restricts persons under the age of 21 from owning or possessing a handgun.

I've scrubbed the ORS several times and I cannot find a reference.

From time to time I talk with a person (<21) who tells me they cannot even purchase HG ammo in Oregon.

Being a person who finds great comfort in knowing the legal-sources of our freedoms and restrictions, I am haunted by the idea that this "restriction" could simply be heuristics, hear-say or plain-ole discrimination against our younger HG enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if anyone can reply "off-hand" which Oregon Statute restricts persons under the age of 21 from owning or possessing a handgun.

I've scrubbed the ORS several times and I cannot find a reference.

From time to time I talk with a person (<21) who tells me they cannot even purchase HG ammo in Oregon.

Being a person who finds great comfort in knowing the legal-sources of our freedoms and restrictions, I am haunted by the idea that this "restriction" could simply be heuristics, hear-say or plain-ole discrimination against our younger HG enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance.

No, you are restricted (to a point) in owning and purchasing a handgun if you are under 18, not 21. You a "Minor" when you have "not attaind you 18th birthday". Minors cannot vote, own property in their name...etc (with exceptions)

If you are under 21 you may no purchase from a LICENESED DEALER (read FFL), but you may purchase a handgun at 18 from a private party...receive one as a give from someone, inherit one...etc..You MAY OWN a pistol at 18.

ORS 166.250(1)(c)(A)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top