JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably is the wrong answer to the damage problem. But tags have always been in the arsenal of the ODFW for landowners who suffer tremendous damage. Not sure what the diff is with this from what they already are doing... except I do know that in the case of a Wallowa rancher, they did nothing, claiming that they had no money in the budget to help him by drawing the elk away to be fed elsewhere. He wound up killing a bunch of them... not the result we want!!!

Legislature needs to provide funding for animal control: More elk feeding stations. Adequate predator control. Canada wolves belong in Canada!!!!

I have no doubts that these elk cause lots of damage. I remember the ranchers story in Wallowa, he shot 25 elk. supposedly he had 200 head on 450 acres.
Doesn't help, the ranchers won't allow any strangers on their property either. I can't say I blame them as some hunters are slobs and have no respect. But thats the American way, it's not mine, who cares! (how many of you rented a car and beat the Sh*t out of it, or rented a house and done the same?)
Anyways. I'd be happy to pay a small trespass fee $100 or $250?, not $1000 or $2500 as they normally do.
The fact they will get unlimited tags seems crazy. if the guy has 1000 head on his ranch, he can wipe all of them?

These bills remind of the bogus "Simplot entitlement awards" bills in Idaho for elk damage to agricultural lands a few years ago. They raised everyones hunting license fees to include agricultural compensation with the new Idaho laws and most of the money just went to farmers instead of habitat improvements, predator control, disease prevention, etc and us sportsmen paid more, for less hunting opportunity. Makes me wonder who is sponsoring these bills. Guess I shall look into it.

The fact they will get unlimited tags seems crazy.

Yah, I can't support that. ODFW is taking a pass on their responsibility to manage. BTW, has anybody here read the bills?

agricultural compensation with the new Idaho laws and most of the money just went to farmers instead of habitat improvements, predator control, disease prevention, etc and us sportsmen paid more, for less hunting opportunity.

Why would compensation intended to repay farmers for agricultural damage stay with the govt to be spent on habitat improvements, predator control, disease prevention, etc?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top