JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"At that hearing, which has to be held within one judical day of being requested, the judge will decide whether to issue the order, which goes into effect immediately."

Almost all judges will take the safe route and have the guns confiscated. If they don't they open themselves up to be held liable if something happens. It would also mark them as opposing confiscation and suffer the wrath of Brown's regime.

Take this state and shove it
It ain't Oregon no more
Your progressive ambitions treat Lady Liberty
Like she's a gol darned whore
You better not try to stand in our way
While we show you to the door
It ain't Oregon no more

I been livin' in this state of mine
For nigh on sixty years
All this time I watched progressives
Takin' away our freedoms
Pissin' on the Constitution
Indoctrinate the kids in schools
Turning those once independent
Into Obama phone needy fools

It ain't Oregon no more
And don't come back no more

Well that State Legislature's a two faced dog
The Governor, she's a fool
Got a brand new no due process law
Lord she thinks she's cool

One day the voters will wake up
But it might be too late
Lord I can't wait to see their faces
When they get the nerve to say

It ain't your Oregon no more
Your progressive ambitions treated Lady Liberty

Last Edited:
It ain't Oregon no more
It ain't Oregon no more

I been livin' in this state of mine
For nigh on sixty years
All this time I watched progressives
Takin' away our freedoms
Pissin' on the Constitution
Indoctrinate the kids in schools
Turning those once independent
Into Obama phone needy fools

It ain't Oregon no more
And haul your bubblegum back to Califor

Well that State Legislature's a two faced dog
The Governor, she's a fool
Got a brand new no due process law
Lord she thinks she's cool

One day the voters will wake up
But it might be too late
Lord I can't wait to see their faces
When they get the nerve to say

It ain't your Oregon no more
Your progressive ambitions treated Lady Liberty

Nw firearms artist of the year.

I did attend the last go around and a nurse for the bill attested she was able to prevent a possible suicide but under the old law. I failed to see why a new law was needed. Her testimony seemed to support no new law was needed.

No new bill addresses criminal behavior prior to a gun crime. Another case where our leaders have no plan to address actual crime. Local elections have consequences. Please be aggressive and stay vocal. On a personal level I more people coming to the reality that they are the first person on scene to respond to their emergency.

Honestly, where on earth do these people come up with such garbage???

It's using statistics to lie. Note that they don't say how much likely.

For an example, lets assume a US population of 300,000,000.

There are 30,000 suicides each year, about 20,000 of them are by firearm so each year 0.01% commit suicide and 0.007% commit suicide by firearm. Now, many of these people already had a firearm, but some did purchase one. The exact percentage of people who bought a firearm in order to kill themselves seems to be omitted from the articles I've read, but lets say about half did, so perhaps 15,000 or about 0.00035% of the US population. Last year 24,767,514 NCIS checks were done, some were denied and some were approved and some of those were for more than one purchased at the same time, so we can say at least 24,500,000 sales as a round number.

Now, here is where they make the statistic lie and why they won't give full details.

24,500,000 firearms sold, and 15,000 were used to commit suicide. If nobody used a gun to commit suicide then only 24,485,000 would have been sold. The firearms then purchased to commit suicide is 0.06% of the total sold. Therefore if you purchased a firearm last year there was 0.06% chance that you would use it to commit suicide, and a 99.94% chance that you would not. They omit the actual numbers because they are so small as to be insignificant.

The biggest thing they miss is that someone who wants to commit suicide will find a way. I have known of people who shot themselves, but I also know someone who did it with carbon dioxide in his garage, someone who used pills, and another who starved herself to death.

I do not believe that if you took everybody's guns away it would make a difference in the number who committed suicide. The suicide rate hasn't changed much in the last several years even though the number of firearms purchased has steadily increased each year and had record sales almost every year. That alone tells me that there is a huge disconnect between the lies crammed down our throats and the reality.

"At that hearing, which has to be held within one judical day of being requested, the judge will decide whether to issue the order, which goes into effect immediately."

Almost all judges will take the safe route and have the guns confiscated. If they don't they open themselves up to be held liable if something happens. It would also mark them as opposing confiscation and suffer the wrath of Brown's regime.

Yes, I believe that the only "evidence" or "proof" will be someone's word, which the judge will have to take as gospel for the reasons you listed above. This of course, will open the gates for any and all false accusations in which vindictive family members now have a big weapon to use against others.

After all, whats a little Class A misdemeanor (which may or may not come with a paltry fine) compared to finally gas-lighting that special person you've had a long-standing grudge against by having their property confiscated, mishandled,damaged or lost.

The most dangerous thing an individual can do is follow anyone else blindly. The moment you do this you become expendable. I learned this in the military.

It's using statistics to lie. Note that they don't say how much likely.

For an example, lets assume a US population of 300,000,000.

There are 30,000 suicides each year, about 20,000 of them are by firearm so each year 0.01% commit suicide and 0.007% commit suicide by firearm. Now, many of these people already had a firearm, but some did purchase one. The exact percentage of people who bought a firearm in order to kill themselves seems to be omitted from the articles I've read, but lets say about half did, so perhaps 15,000 or about 0.00035% of the US population. Last year 24,767,514 NCIS checks were done, some were denied and some were approved and some of those were for more than one purchased at the same time, so we can say at least 24,500,000 sales as a round number.

Now, here is where they make the statistic lie and why they won't give full details.

24,500,000 firearms sold, and 15,000 were used to commit suicide. If nobody used a gun to commit suicide then only 24,485,000 would have been sold. The firearms then purchased to commit suicide is 0.06% of the total sold. Therefore if you purchased a firearm last year there was 0.06% chance that you would use it to commit suicide, and a 99.94% chance that you would not. They omit the actual numbers because they are so small as to be insignificant.

The biggest thing they miss is that someone who wants to commit suicide will find a way. I have known of people who shot themselves, but I also know someone who did it with carbon dioxide in his garage, someone who used pills, and another who starved herself to death.

I do not believe that if you took everybody's guns away it would make a difference in the number who committed suicide. The suicide rate hasn't changed much in the last several years even though the number of firearms purchased has steadily increased each year and had record sales almost every year. That alone tells me that there is a huge disconnect between the lies crammed down our throats and the reality.
I don't know the number, but of those suicides how many are law enforcement? A sad but true fact is a high percentage of cops kill themselves for a wide range of reasons. Do they plan to take the guns away from da police?

If the allegations of the proponents of the legislation really are true: that a person is at increased risk of committing suicide within 180 days of buying a gun, well, then I would have been dead long, long ago. :D

Honestly, where on earth do these people come up with such garbage???

Penn and Teller had a show called bull#@it. It called out gun control and another episode called out polls/stats. You make the formula fit your argument. Example your value of people used in the equation have all been gun owners who died by suicide. Not all gun owners who have died because of other values.

Yes, I believe that the only "evidence" or "proof" will be someone's word, which the judge will have to take as gospel for the reasons you listed above. This of course, will open the gates for any and all false accusations in which vindictive family members now have a big weapon to use against others.

After all, whats a little Class A misdemeanor (which may or may not come with a paltry fine) compared to finally gas-lighting that special person you've had a long-standing grudge against by having their property confiscated, mishandled,damaged or lost.
A class a strips you of your rights for five years in Oregon. Sb941 can punish you. These laws are built to make people criminals in a gateway way.

I'll never understand what is unclear about Shall Not Be Infringed

Seems to me like they had people committing suicide with their guns
at the time the Bill of Rights was dreamed up, so any question of my right to commit suicide & anyway I wish to has already been thought-out

Perhaps We the People need an enumerated right to off ourselves,
just so there's no questions for later

Apparently what is unclear to some is whether or not the original Bill of Rights contained an asterisk after Shall Not Be Infringed which was rubbed off at some point. I mean, it seems clear to me that Shall Not Be Infringed means Shall Not Be Infringed.

Apparently what is unclear to some is whether or not the original Bill of Rights contained an asterisk after Shall Not Be Infringed which was rubbed off at some point. I mean, it seems clear to me that Shall Not Be Infringed means Shall Not Be Infringed.

Which is why they are working their tails off to infringe it as much as possible

Retiring in two years and heading to the south. Been in the Puget sound area for the past 35 years. I can't tell where California ends and Oregon and Washington start anymore. It's been really sad to watch.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top