Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon Coast -- Lincoln City or North?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Petes, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Petes

Petes Active Member

Anyone know of a place to shoot on the central Oregon coast? Got a bunch of guys maybe 10 from our mens retreat going to the coast this weekend.

Thanks for your info.
    Pete

2. whatzhizname

whatzhizname Southern Oregon and occasionally PDX Member

I'm in the Lincoln City/Newport area and have been looking for places myself. Out past Siletz (beyond Moonshine Park) is an area I know some people go to shoot (although I never have) and there is also the Big Timber Rifle and Pistol Club: http://www.bigtimberrpc.com/contact/contact.htm . Unfortunately, I haven't found many other places, but I hope something works out for you. :)

3. Petes

Petes Active Member

Thanks whatz, I will let you know if I find something good.

4. PDX

PDX PDX Active Member 2016 Volunteer

Did we ever find any place on the north coast? I'm looking for any where around Cannon Beach, seaside, gearhart, Astoria.

thanks!

5. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Stop in and ask at rural country stores and hunting/fishing shops. The local folks will often readily share their knowledge---except regarding where the deer are.........................elsullo ;)

6. PDX

yeah, thats a good idea also... thanks

7. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

Hey PDX. I live in Nehalem. I know a few spots down here if you're interested (you just have to promise to clean up after yourself :)) You might want to stop and ask Lou at the Hamlet market at the Hwy 53 junction (13 miles before Hwy 101). He's an FFL and must know of spots in Clatsop county. If not talk to Jeff Kelland at North Coast Shooters Supply in downtown Warrenton near the police station. He would know of some good spots. Hope that helps.

8. PDX

Great info!! Thanks very much! I will contact both and see what they say. I often go to Warrenton to pick up fresh crabs at the Deep Sea Fish market. I've seen North Coast Shooters but its always closed.. Hopefully I can get a hold them!

thanks again.:thumbup:

9. speelyei

speelyei Willamette Valley Active Member

From Newport News Times:

10. PDX

That news is very lame....

11. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

There is a shooting area (rock pit) on table mountain. It's located off 1000 line road. You can access 1000 line road from Toledo or Waldport. I would recommend taking a map or someone who knows the area because there are a lot of little side roads up there to get lost on.

12. PDX

A little bit too far south for me but good info to know. Thanks for sharing!

13. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

PDX, that info isnt lame, in fact it may save someone who is unknowing a fine. It not only is a shame, but seems to be more prevelant recently that we loose access to areas that we were accustomed to being allowed to hunt and fish. Those that behave in the mannor that gets all of us restricted from these areas should be turned into the state police and property owners. Its up to us to make a point of showing good stewardship, or risk loosing access for us and our childern.

14. KRISSTDI

KRISSTDI Oregon Member

I go out to Knappa/Svenson which is only 14 miles from Astoria down the HWY 30 and they have Skeet Shooting and a very small 100 yard range there. Its covered and outdoor.

Its a dollar to shoot and you bring your own targets of course. They have a table to put your weapons and a rack. Amazingly its hardly ever being used so sometimes on a Saturday you can get a good 3-4 hours of shooting in until someone shows up. :)

15. PDX

Just want to throw a whoo ra! out for Jeff and North Coast Shooters Supply for directing me to a great spot just out of Astoria. Infact we went twice to this location over the holiday weekend and it was empty! We had a great couple days of uninterrupted practice and the weather wasnt so bad! Jeff has a great shop there in Warrenton and I he is a super nice guy, very helpful! Plus he has a great collection of antique arms in there right now so if your into that you should go check it out on their website. Any way, Jeff if your reading thanks again for the hospitality!!

16. KRISSTDI

KRISSTDI Oregon Member

This is the one right out of Astoria right? I may have met you over the holidays? I had the FN FS2000, KRISS, and Colt AR15s? I met several guys and gals over the holiday. I have been going there for several months now.

Anyway welcome and we may see you around.

17. seal rock shooter

seal rock shooter lincoln county oregon New Member

THERES a landowner in seal rock who allows people to come shoot for free, i take my kids there and its safe and laid back. He does take donations and i usually give him $5 or so for the day. all you have to do is email or call him and set up and appointment. i will tell you he doesnt allow any alcohol on the property except empty cans for shooting at and he has on site security. Ive been out there when there have been off duty law enf. and scouts shooting,,,always enjoyable and for me just down the street. right off hiwy 101
    just email him

cpf4867@yahoo.com

18. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

There is a very small gravel pit area off of a logging road (easy walk from gate).

This is just S of the intersection of hwy 26 and hwy 101

Right here: 45.929564°N 123.927036°W

I've shot pistol there.

19. picb

picb Cannon Beach, OR New Member

That's good to know. I've seen cars parked there alot. There is another place on the opposite side of 101 just south. Look for the pullout with a large dirt pile. If you scramble over the dirt pile you will see a path where you have about 30-50 yards for target practice.

20. picb

picb Cannon Beach, OR New Member

Hey pchewn, nice to meet you there today.