JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm at school out in Northern Virginia. I think if this passes I'm gonna trash my Oregon ID and vehicle registration and become a Virginian until I finish school and move to Montana. Anyways, Virginia has the most rad license plates available: Gadsden Flag "Don't tread on me." I wouldn't mind having one of those.

I'm at school out in Northern Virginia. I think if this passes I'm gonna trash my Oregon ID and vehicle registration and become a Virginian until I finish school and move to Montana. Anyways, Virginia has the most rad license plates available: Gadsden Flag "Don't tread on me." I wouldn't mind having one of those.

We need more conservatives to move here and stay here. Don't cower and run, stay and fight. Make that desired flag mean something. We need to push the leftists out of this state.

I'm no real conservative in the modern sense; I'm about as L/libertarian as they come, to the point that I view the government, in its entirety, as an invalid institution that is based on using the threat of violence to coerce its subjects into compliance. Despite this, it hides behind feel-good terms like "democracy" and "majority," which I also view both as horrible. Do I have anything in common with the left? Not really, maybe gay marriage and drug legalization, but that's it. Do I have more in common with the right? Absolutely, but this modern rah-rah blow up the Middle East thing is going way too far and the right is equally guilty for growing government and squashing human freedom here and abroad. The only government I am for is one whose subjects are there 100% voluntarily, so being born somewhere doesn't constitute agreement. Why must a person pay money each year to keep what he ALREADY "owns?" All property is on a perpetual lease from the government, suggesting that in reality, our system has far more in common with feudal Europe than even 1850's USA.

My question is: stand and fight, how? Wait around for the "democratic process" to play out? The whole political game is rigged from the top down. Vote by mail, vote by electronic machine, let the illegal scourge vote, it's all a fraud. Clearly we know that's the only way the left continues to win in this state. The democratic process is what got us into the pathetic situation we find ourselves in now. I'd rather have either a benevolent dictator (not good, but better) or anarchy (which does not equal chaos), at least in the latter I could be responsible for myself. Anyways, what's our alternative to the political process now? Ignore what we don't like? Protest (like that ever does anything)? Revolt? Partition the state? My point isn't to be critical of anything you've said or suggested, because yes, we do need more people of the "free-persuasion" to be in Oregon, but we should realize that we will NEVER outpace the illegals, welfare queens, or the golden Californian leftist hordes (whose state is turning arid, so guess where these twats are gonna move?). I like the concept of the American Redoubt: liberty-minded Americans move to Idaho, Montana, and Utah, and concentrate our populations there as a last-stand fortress.

^^^^^ Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, does that mean that we can count you out or count on your help when it comes writing letters and calling members of the legislature? Or perhaps you will think about voting libertarian a little more when you think of what the libertarian vote did for District 15?

^^^^^ Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, does that mean that we can count you out or count on your help when it comes writing letters and calling members of the legislature? Or perhaps you will think about voting libertarian a little more when you think of what the libertarian vote did for District 15?
In 2014 I pretty much voted all Republican, but that doesn't make me a Republican. I vote differently on a national scale, like in 2012 I wasn't gonna be stuck between Hussein Obama and Mittens Romney.
Contacting legislators is about the only hope that exists, but faint because those of us who are against this bill aren't exactly their voting base, so they could give a rat's behind about what we say or do... which brings me back to my point of why the democratic process is preposterous... not in the majority? You don't matter.

In 2014 I pretty much voted all Republican, but that doesn't make me a Republican. I vote differently on a national scale, like in 2012 I wasn't gonna be stuck between Hussein Obama and Mittens Romney.
Contacting legislators is about the only hope that exists, but faint because those of us who are against this bill aren't exactly their voting base, so they could give a rat's behind about what we say or do... which brings me back to my point of why the democratic process is preposterous... not in the majority? You don't matter.

The majority can be a fickle thing. Last year, a decent number of voters turned out in the general election, partially because they wanted to approve legal marijuana. Some were concerned about GMO labeling in their food. Some were concerned about who would be Governor. But all cast votes, and not all would be what I call well informed. Some check those boxes for no other reason than the D or R after the name on the ballot. Some choose a name that sounds familiar. Some, I'm betting, do nothing more than eenie meenie miney mo (I have no clue how to spell that ;))

But regardless of what the majority does in an election, it is possible to successfully affect politician's views with grass roots efforts such as those underway for SB 941 right now. Consider that a very vocal, yet relatively small group managed just recently to reverse the plan to remove vaccine waivers in Oregon. They made so much noise (an admitted small group by the Senator leading the charge for the removal of the waivers) that the Senator pulled her plans. In that case, a vocal minority reversed the course of Oregon politics. That's exactly how the process should be able to work. We shouldn't require a majority every single time something comes up that we disagree with. The majority can be, and has been, wrong. Just look at the re-election of Kitzhaber to a 4th term :mad:

I agree, it's very frustrating. And I'm getting really, really tired of contacting legislators. I'm tired of my rights, our rights, being challenged and threatened. But no matter how frustrated I am, no matter how hard it may seem, no matter how broken the system may be, I will not sit by and simply give up. Even if I were the only one, I'd do what I could to be a pebble in their proverbial shoe, reminding them over and over that they answer to all Oregonians, not just the 51%+ that got them elected.

Yes, it's very frustrating, but opposition can and does work. Maybe not frequently, but that's no reason not to try.

The majority can be a fickle thing. Last year, a decent number of voters turned out in the general election, partially because they wanted to approve legal marijuana. Some were concerned about GMO labeling in their food. Some were concerned about who would be Governor. But all cast votes, and not all would be what I call well informed. Some check those boxes for no other reason than the D or R after the name on the ballot. Some choose a name that sounds familiar. Some, I'm betting, do nothing more than eenie meenie miney mo (I have no clue how to spell that ;))

But regardless of what the majority does in an election, it is possible to successfully affect politician's views with grass roots efforts such as those underway for SB 941 right now. Consider that a very vocal, yet relatively small group managed just recently to reverse the plan to remove vaccine waivers in Oregon. They made so much noise (an admitted small group by the Senator leading the charge for the removal of the waivers) that the Senator pulled her plans. In that case, a vocal minority reversed the course of Oregon politics. That's exactly how the process should be able to work. We shouldn't require a majority every single time something comes up that we disagree with. The majority can be, and has been, wrong. Just look at the re-election of Kitzhaber to a 4th term :mad:

I agree, it's very frustrating. And I'm getting really, really tired of contacting legislators. I'm tired of my rights, our rights, being challenged and threatened. But no matter how frustrated I am, no matter how hard it may seem, no matter how broken the system may be, I will not sit by and simply give up. Even if I were the only one, I'd do what I could to be a pebble in their proverbial shoe, reminding them over and over that they answer to all Oregonians, not just the 51%+ that got them elected.

Yes, it's very frustrating, but opposition can and does work. Maybe not frequently, but that's no reason not to try.

I'd say that quite possibly the biggest problem for us is the massive outside state influence that is being brought down hard on Oregon's politics. This includes Herr Bloomberg, Everytown, Braindead Giffords, and their ilk. Unfortunately, there's a lot of money there to prop up these leftist politicians. What's funny about this is that we as a group of citizens are really the only ones who care at all other than the politicians. Does the average Oregonian care or know anything about this issue? Not really, and most standard issue Dems don't pick this as their battle as they've got welfare, healthcare, and other silliness to fight for. To show how little support the leftists have for their gun-grabbing scheme, just go to Ceasefire Oregon's facebook page... they've got 755likes. Compare that to OFF, which has 10,000+ likes. On a national level compare the 600k likes for Everytown to the NRA's 4.2million likes (just with their main page, not counting their others). Anyways, I went to Ceasefire Oregon's page today, and saw how their average post gets 2-3 likes and zero comments. I simply asked a question on one of them, subtle, but critical, and liked a comment from someone else who was a bit more overt on our side. Guess what? BANHAMMER! The left is all for free speech until you point out why their ideology is a total joke, then they just block you.

My question to the left: If you claim to be pro-2nd amendment (as they almost all claim to be), but squash the free speech of your ever-so-loved 1st so much, how on Earth could we trust your position on the 2nd?

My question is: stand and fight, how? Wait around for the "democratic process" to play out?

2013 I was more of a yell at the politicians on the TV guy. But after getting shaken-up about how the government and gun-control advocates responded to Newton, it's been a learning experience for me ever since. That feeling that I needed to do something more. My first reactions? Am I alone in feeling this way? And what do I do? It seems overwhelming. It seems easier to give up. But it can be done. And no, you are not alone.
My advice would be to just show up at first, willing to follow. And grab yourself a book on how to be an activist, instead of a couch potato, like I was 4 years ago ;)

I'd say that quite possibly the biggest problem for us is the massive outside state influence that is being brought down hard on Oregon's politics. This includes Herr Bloomberg, Everytown, Braindead Giffords, and their ilk. Unfortunately, there's a lot of money there to prop up these leftist politicians. What's funny about this is that we as a group of citizens are really the only ones who care at all other than the politicians. Does the average Oregonian care or know anything about this issue? Not really, and most standard issue Dems don't pick this as their battle as they've got welfare, healthcare, and other silliness to fight for. To show how little support the leftists have for their gun-grabbing scheme, just go to Ceasefire Oregon's facebook page... they've got 755likes. Compare that to OFF, which has 10,000+ likes. On a national level compare the 600k likes for Everytown to the NRA's 4.2million likes (just with their main page, not counting their others). Anyways, I went to Ceasefire Oregon's page today, and saw how their average post gets 2-3 likes and zero comments. I simply asked a question on one of them, subtle, but critical, and liked a comment from someone else who was a bit more overt on our side. Guess what? BANHAMMER! The left is all for free speech until you point out why their ideology is a total joke, then they just block you.

My question to the left: If you claim to be pro-2nd amendment (as they almost all claim to be), but squash the free speech of your ever-so-loved 1st so much, how on Earth could we trust your position on the 2nd?

I agree outside money/influence is a big problem. But I will say this for grassroots movements, they are unpredictable and can be very difficult for a politician to fight. Consider Chuck Riley. Big Bloomie money helped get him elected (by a very narrow margin), and now he's free to cause havoc in Salem. Now, put up a fight against him, such as the planned recall and he's got to mobilize a way to fight it. If the recall effort is successful, he's either got to resign or face a runoff election. My guess is that Bloomberg will be nowhere to be found if that happens. He's not going to fight for Riley. Just look how quickly some of Kitzhaber's decades old buddies tossed his worthless a$$ to the curb once they realized he was going down. They didn't stand up for him, they didn't defend him, they protected their own interests, because at the heart of it, they're a damn selfish lot. Targeting all our efforts against one at a time can cause some panic. The dems do have a majority in the senate right now, but pick off a few easy targets and the rest will get nervous. I want to make them nervous. I want to be part of the group that helps to remind these folks who they really work for.

The majority can be a fickle thing. Last year, a decent number of voters turned out in the general election, partially because they wanted to approve legal marijuana. Some were concerned about GMO labeling in their food.
This is why I think it is important to give the voters something they can sink their teeth into more than just 2A issues.

When is the next sit-down? I would really like to see the evaluation process for predicting and ranking a politician for a successful recall campaign. I'm next door to SD15, and will be willing to help. But I would like to at least explore possibilities in my own district as well.

When is the next sit-down? I would really like to see the evaluation process for predicting and ranking a politician for a successful recall campaign. I'm next door to SD15, and will be willing to help. But I would like to at least explore possibilities in my own district as well.

Check out the thread on the SB 941 recall effort, I think they're now sharing information about meetings via an email group that you can request to be part of. I think limited information is being shared on the forum, just to keep things among those involved in the process and to avoid feeding all the information to any anti-gun trolls on the site.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top