JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a can that was approved almost 2 months ago, and they guys at Oregon arms and ammunition are shut down and completely ignoring all emails. Not sure if it's time to report them to atf or what. Any suggestions?

Check the local dollar limits for small claims court. If the value of the can is less than or equal to the max limits for small claims then start that ball rolling, only $50 filing fee for most small claims courts

I have a can that was approved almost 2 months ago, and they guys at Oregon arms and ammunition are shut down and completely ignoring all emails. Not sure if it's time to report them to atf or what. Any suggestions?
In this instance I would reach out to the ATF. Be polite they will help you. They dont like nfa iteams missing

Check the local dollar limits for small claims court. If the value of the can is less than or equal to the max limits for small claims then start that ball rolling, only $50 filing fee for most small claims courts
I was wondering about that. It was 1000$ plus the 200$ tax stamp

I was wondering about that. It was 1000$ plus the 200$ tax stamp
Most claim limits that I've heard of cap out at 10k so you should be good to go.
I've solved many problems just by mentioning the words "small claims court" to the right people.
Might have to track down some names of the owners and mailing address' though

I've heard of this type of situation being resolved with a polite call to the atf. The dealer should have transfered to you or another dealer that could have released to you when you got your approval.

They certainly cut bait and closed up fast. As soon as 4473 got voted in they were a vapor trail.

I've heard of this type of situation being resolved with a polite call to the atf. The dealer should have transfered to you or another dealer that could have released to you when you got your approval.
the owners are father and son. I found the father's phone just by googling him. I called and He said they have a lot of cans and are planning on releasing them all at once so it's easy for them. But I never heard from the son who is my email contact, and the one with my can and stamp. this was like 3 weeks ago. I was polite and gave him the benefit of the doubt then but it's been quite a while longer.

the owners are father and son. I found the father's phone just by googling him. I called and He said they have a lot of cans and are planning on releasing them all at once so it's easy for them. But I never heard from the son who is my email contact, and the one with my can and stamp. this was like 3 weeks ago. I was polite and gave him the benefit of the doubt then but it's been quite a while longer.
Again I would start with the ATF. I suspect when they contact them things will happen.

All at once? So people may have stamps back but have to wait for others? That doesn't sound right.

I got to know the owners pretty well and they were always honest with me. I would circle back around on that one especially since your stamp is in.

I got to know the owners pretty well and they were always honest with me. I would circle back around on that one especially since your stamp is in.
They sound like stand up people, with the stellar communications and all. As for the OP, they had their chance to make it right and screwed the pooch, I'd get the ATF going on it. Just because someone sucks at business doesn't mean they can deny what people have paid for and waited for.

They sound like stand up people, with the stellar communications and all. As for the OP, they had their chance to make it right and screwed the pooch, I'd get the ATF going on it. Just because someone sucks at business doesn't mean they can deny what people have paid for and waited for.
There's always that.

The Small Claims Court process is fairly easy. You have to file it in the county where the alleged offense occurred. In addition to the filing fee, you have to pay to have the complaint served on the defendant. If you have a legitimate claim then it's pretty easy to get a judgement, however collecting that judgement can be difficult. You might be able to get the judge to order them to give you the can. If you prevail the judgement will include your legal costs. If you have to go this route, there are good how-to books, maybe your library has one.

You can get a 30 minute consultation with a lawyer for $35 through the Oregon Bar Association's referral service, osbar.org/public/ris

I once spent 3 years pursuing an bubblegum through the courts but eventually I got my money back. bubblegum's lawyer met me on the steps of the county courthouse and handed over a stack of $100 bills. It was very satisfying.

The Small Claims Court process is fairly easy. You have to file it in the county where the alleged offense occurred. In addition to the filing fee, you have to pay to have the complaint served on the defendant. If you have a legitimate claim then it's pretty easy to get a judgement, however collecting that judgement can be difficult. You might be able to get the judge to order them to give you the can. If you prevail the judgement will include your legal costs. If you have to go this route, there are good how-to books, maybe your library has one.

You can get a 30 minute consultation with a lawyer for $35 through the Oregon Bar Association's referral service, osbar.org/public/ris

I once spent 3 years pursuing an bubblegum through the courts but eventually I got my money back. bubblegum's lawyer met me on the steps of the county courthouse and handed over a stack of $100 bills. It was very satisfying.
You should have told the lawyer to relay back to his client that since those $100 bills represent minutes of his client's life accumulating them that you intend to wipe your bum with those $100 bills and flush them down the toilet afterwards…..

(but not really do it… LOL)

Well I called atf. Basically they told me I need to file a police report or small claims. They can give me my 200$ back so that's nice. They didn't even seem worried at all a suppressor was unaccounted for. Called the local atf, an agent gave me their home address as they seemed to have listed it as the location of their still current ffl license. And a new phone # no one is answering. So I got a little headway, maybe.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top