Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon all year squirrel species???

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by idRATHERbeOUTDOORS, Apr 16, 2013.

1. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

idRATHERbeOUTDOORS Yamhill County Active Member

A while back i had found a pdf or a online pamphlet that list different species of squirrels. I seemed to remember it being on the ODFW website. It showed what species had a season (western greys), what ones were open all year, basically a few non natives, and then the protected species not open for hunting. I can seem to find that form online anymore and it seems i didn't save a copy. Can anyone tell me a few of the non natives so that i can take a few reference pictures. Or even better provide the link to that pamphlet if you know what im talking about.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

3. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

Kinda helps, but i need a list of the non protected squirrels. maybe looking for predatory species would help...

4. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

Also the page im thinking of isn't from the handbook, it was a page with columns and pictures of different species.

5. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

I just sent odfw an email i'll see what they have to say.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Maybe this page too then.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/species/mammals/squirrels.asp

If it isn't a game mammal or protected, it should be unprotected. Squirrels are rodents so protected species (unless threatened or endangered) can be hunted on private property with permission.