Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Oregon all year squirrel species???

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by idRATHERbeOUTDOORS, Apr 16, 2013.

1. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

idRATHERbeOUTDOORS Yamhill County Active Member

A while back i had found a pdf or a online pamphlet that list different species of squirrels. I seemed to remember it being on the ODFW website. It showed what species had a season (western greys), what ones were open all year, basically a few non natives, and then the protected species not open for hunting. I can seem to find that form online anymore and it seems i didn't save a copy. Can anyone tell me a few of the non natives so that i can take a few reference pictures. Or even better provide the link to that pamphlet if you know what im talking about.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

3. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

Kinda helps, but i need a list of the non protected squirrels. maybe looking for predatory species would help...

4. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

Also the page im thinking of isn't from the handbook, it was a page with columns and pictures of different species.

5. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

I just sent odfw an email i'll see what they have to say.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Maybe this page too then.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/species/mammals/squirrels.asp

If it isn't a game mammal or protected, it should be unprotected. Squirrels are rodents so protected species (unless threatened or endangered) can be hunted on private property with permission.