JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And for God's sake, no open carry of tacti-cool stuff.... Rifles, shot guns, cammo, face paint. People need educating, not scaring, into allowing us our rights.

ABSOLUTELY! :s0101:
Mike nailed it.
No name calling or offensive language, it is counter productive. Arguments that become threatening walk away toward the nearest LEO, don't get in a fight and arrested.
TV news loves that sort of thing and you WILL be the bad guy!
KICS= Keep It Civil Sport!
Gabby

Gotta say the Coos Baynians just smiled and waved in their demonstration. Dressed in civies and waved American flags. Totally different vibe than with guys in cammo and slung ARs. Approachable, positive, happy. Many posed for pictures for the local newspaper photographer and chatted him up.

Argue semantics of what to call this all you want. They're calling it an Assault Weapons ban. They are calling on restricting magazine capacity. It is what it is. Worried about how we will be portrayed in the media? Hold on while I laugh. We could all wear white shirts and ties and look like a Mormon rally, the media will not portray us as well thought out individuals standing for the right cause. We will be kooks, nothing more.

All we can do is let the powers that be know we are paying attention. Numbers are the only thing that matter in politics.

Man, you guys havent gotten mad enough, enough to put down the bubbleguming and come together in unity of purpose, and by the time you all realize just how effed you are, it's all ready too late! Dunehopper is 110% correct don't have a rally, have a fricking protest, get mad, but get organised first and set ground rules on carry, dress, language, and all the other things that should be settled first! Or, are you all going to wait and see if this chit passes and goes into effect, making every gun owner an instant felon! Your no good to your families locked up for weapons charges, and your no good after you get out of prison and can't get a real job because of that little hickup felony on your permanent record!:(
UP THE REPUBLIC!!!

rally 031418.jpg

instead of a rally, how about Sunday Gun Day BBQ? Bring the family. Bring the ribs. Bring the signs and posters. Video it ourselves and distribute it to friendly YouTubers, bloggers and any media who would show it. We can interview ourselves and control the message like some other group do.

Last Edited:
The left equates guns with "toxic masculinity". Guns aren't part of an urban lifestyle. Post modern urbanites embrace the idea of the "metro sexual". You know... man buns. As the hipsters become more open to alternative and blurred lines of gender identity, they demonize traditional masculinity as toxic and see school shootings as an outgrowth of "toxic masculinity". In spite of all their intellectual aspiration, the left still does not understand the incredible rarity of these events among a population of 330 million. Violent crime rates plummet while gun ownership soars. Yet every crime story is now sensationalized and nationalized to make them seem like an epidemic or looming threat. Which they are not. But I digress...

I liked the optics of the Coos Bay demonstration because they were nice people waving flags and waving to cars passing by. I like the possible optics of a Sunday gun day picnic in the park for the same reason. We need to show the general public that we are ordinary, good people and not hooligans. We are not trying to convince the antis. We are battling for the hearts and minds of the middle 40%. If we demonstrate that we are good people and that the vast majority of people use guns responsibly, we go a long way to preserve everyone's 2A rights.

This is what PROTESTERS DO
View attachment 445350

THIS BELOW IS A RALLY

View attachment 445351

GET IT RIGHT !!!!!

Well, if I could have it done my way it'd be this:

10,000 grim-faced men in full battle gear, standing silently around the State Capital. Nobody saying a word. And after an hour, everyone quietly disperses and goes home.

But that's not likely to happen, is it?

It is possible, though, that we'll have some unwelcome company. Here's a link, but I don't know if it'll work unless you're connected on Facebook. Basically, the antifa punks are planning to show up at some of our events around the country.

John Soto

Well, if I could have it done my way it'd be this:

10,000 grim-faced men in full battle gear, standing silently around the State Capital. Nobody saying a word. And after an hour, everyone quietly disperses and goes home.

But that's not likely to happen, is it?

It is possible, though, that we'll have some unwelcome company. Here's a link, but I don't know if it'll work unless you're connected on Facebook. Basically, the antifa punks are planning to show up at some of our events around the country.

John Soto
Interesting
So far anifta has been squashed at most events, by the way, love that idea would be amazing that would be one heck of a demonstration of unity and yet no words needed I love it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top