JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And for God's sake, no open carry of tacti-cool stuff.... Rifles, shot guns, cammo, face paint. People need educating, not scaring, into allowing us our rights.

@Joe Link can we get this as a sticky, so it's aleays visible? The more who know the larger the crowds can be :D

Maybe it's just me, but I don't normally look at sticky's? Unless I've posted on one and get an alert. I think a banner pop-up sort of thing would be better? Something that can't be missed? Kid of like when we have the "Quarterly Give Away's" Just a thought.

And for God's sake, no open carry of tacti-cool stuff.... Rifles, shot guns, cammo, face paint. People need educating, not scaring, into allowing us our rights.

"Allowing us our rights"?!! o_O

Please brother, CHANGE your mind-set and your vernacular! If you've not harmed anyone in any way your rights are not theirs to give, take, or "allow". ;)

Last Edited:
Who ever is organizing these are clueless just saying....If these are Gun rallies count me out.

If these are Civil Rights Protests then I will go... as these will again will do nothing .
I tell my dog all the time man are people just oblivious to what is going on in Oregon.
Our Gun rights are not at Risk our Civil Rights are.............can some one tell me who is running these ideas up the pole id like to contact them.

Whoever is organizing these... God bless 'em. Whether its a gun rally or a civil rights rally, We got to get together and get on board. We need to put away our nit-picking and focus on the threat posed by an initiative to ban AR-15s and standard capacity magazines. This is a civil rights issue and a gun rights issue. They are one in the same.

The rifle or whatever platform used in a crime isn't the issue. Broken boys and criminal men committing mass murder are the issue. We need to focus on this like a laser and focus our message on vast numbers of the electorate who are not hard-core antis. The majority of the electorate is not anti gun, but can be persuaded with anti-gun rhetoric. Its our job this summer to change the focus and change the rhetoric of the issue to a broadly civil rights issue and a narrowly focused issue about intervention with broken boys and criminals. That's where the problem is. That's where the public policy solutions should be focused.

Last Edited:
I just got back from the Coos Bay demonstration in support of AR-15s and 2A in general. It turned out to be a sidewalk protest in front of Fred Meyer at commuting time. About 4 dozen people showed up. Lots of American Flags, Gadsden Flags, Shall Not Infringe banners, and hand-lettered signs. Got a lot of horn honking from the saw mill workers getting off work. Lots of thumbs up. The occasional middle finger. The protest was organized mostly on Facebook. I think this was the test-drive, and will get the ball rolling. Covered by the local newspaper, The World. Local TV was MIA.

If it has to do with protesting the forcible taking of my firearms, I could care less what it is called. Stop looking for excuses not to attend and get involved. 'Well, it's happening on a Saturday so the politicians won't be at the Capitol so what's the use?', or 'It's happening on a weekday and I've got to be at work', or 'If we can't call it [X], I'm not going to get involved', or 'We shouldn't wear camo as it might infuriate someone', or 'We shouldn't allow OC as it might infuriate someone', or we shouldn't allow slung rifles as it might infuriate someone', or 'we shouldn't infuriate someone as it might infuriate someone'. Geez people. We are about to lose our right to possess most all commonly used firearms & magazines... and we're still bickering about this crap? 'And while I am on the subject, I will wear what I want, and carry what I want. Get over it.

If it has to do with protesting the forcible taking of my firearms, I could care less what it is called. Stop looking for excuses not to attend and get involved. 'Well, it's happening on a Saturday so the politicians won't be at the Capitol so what's the use?', or 'It's happening on a weekday and I've got to be at work', or 'If we can't call it [X], I'm not going to get involved', or 'We shouldn't wear camo as it might infuriate someone', or 'We shouldn't allow OC as it might infuriate someone', or we shouldn't allow slung rifles as it might infuriate someone', or 'we shouldn't infuriate someone as it might infuriate someone'. Geez people. We are about to lose our right to possess most all commonly used firearms & magazines... and we're still bickering about this crap? 'And while I am on the subject, I will wear what I want, and carry what I want. Get over it.

I'm Sorry:rolleyes: but it matters allot what we call these things, to the rest of the world that we want watching.
This is the mistake we make over and over ..... and over... geees.
I agree with everything else you said, but it cant be Rally for defending rights ? Thats not how it works,
it not how any of this works. Its a Civil Rights Protest Not some Gun Rally you don't defend rights with a rally
, or.... or.. the people there are clueless what is at stake if we do, and people we want watching will just look all the other wasted Rallys done.
I for one am going to run this home every post in every forum and Facebook when I see it misused.:rolleyes:

Whom ever is running these things yes God Bless you and your passion, but please for the love of God;
get theses done right when you are representing millions of gun owners what we call them are very important.
If you don't want to listen then get some legal advice on how to run these things.
Just a hint, Liberals seldom ever call their events Rallys. They call them protest when they feel their rights are violated.

A year before Obama took office Cease Fire Oregon had a Rally and about 35 people showed up.
They then protested in Salem a couple years later an around 5000 showed.
Get this right people...... it crucial its done right !

This is what PROTESTERS DO
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstmedia.startribune.com%2Fimages%2Fows_144002532180502.jpg

THIS BELOW IS A RALLY

ia.nola.com%2Fst_tammany_community_news%2Fphoto%2Fmandeville-high-pep-rally---3-e7d9e541aa3973ee.jpg

GET IT RIGHT !!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top