JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's the deal;

I just got my wife excited and into shooting with me. So much so that she actually wants to concealed carry. So, for her birthday I ordered here the Talo Edition Lcp in Robin's Egg Blue, one of her very favorite colors.

She's going to absolutely freak that they made a gun she liked to shoot in this color.

So I ordered it from a seller on Gunbroker, listed as "Factory New, in the box".

There was 1 of their reviews that mentioned just making sure you give anything you order a good look before you accept at your FFL. It seemed they had sent him a "factory new" pistol with a marred slide.

So here's what I see when my wife's arrives:

I know, it's super small. But it's a pit in the trigger guard. If it was for me, I don't think I'd care. When my slide got a bit of marks from the gunsmith installing my night sights, I didn't mind at all. It's a tool for me.

But it's a gift, and that somehow changes my threshold of acceptance. I feel like the dealer is purposely selling this online since anyone who inspected at their shop would call out the flaw and ask for a discount or another pistol before purchasing.

I don't know, am I overreacting?

Last Edited:
At the end of the day, it's your money being spent. If you are not happy with the product, don't give them your money. If it bothers you now, it will bother you every time you see the gun down the road.

You purchased a NEW product.. and since its for someone else you deserve a new flaw free product.

Im the same way, if its something for me and Im going to beat it up anyway.. I don't care.. but if its for someone else.. my money is buying a brand new item.. so it should be defect free.

Ooh, nice and that sucks! If the polymer is homogenous through and through and not some sort of coating I'd try to remove that little inclusion..
good luck!

Ooh, nice and that sucks! If the polymer is homogenous through and through and not some sort of coating I'd try to remove that little inclusion..
good luck!

How would ya do that w/o making it worse? Not being a smartazz here, I just can't think of a way. If he messes with it, then it's not a "NEW" gun anymore, and if he's still not happy after, then he can't return it.

If she doesn't mind it then it isn't an issue IMO. Unless you want it to be flawless (in color that is) when she receives it.

Then try to return it before then.

I doubt it is the sellers fault...........it it came from the manufacturer like that (most likely) I would find a better quality manufacturer. You can't buy a Ruger and expect Colt Quality.

You can't buy a colt and expect colt quality because "colt" doesn't mean squat. These guns are made by humans, and mass produced. You want a custom gun handmade and quality assured? You're gonna pay $2000+.

You can't buy a colt and expect colt quality because "colt" doesn't mean squat. These guns are made by humans, and mass produced. You want a custom gun handmade and quality assured? You're gonna pay $2000+.
OK........so you buy cheep stuff you get this kind of Quality. It isn't that difficult to figure out. 2,000 today is about what an 1873 cost in the old days adjusted for inflation. (A couple of months pay) if you want quality......you have to pay for it. Has always been that way and always will. Ruger makes serviceable guns but not Quality. They have always had little hand fitting and mass produced factory finishes. They prefer to sell lots of cheep guns......not Quality expensive ones. You can't buy a Chevy and expect a Mercedes either.

Last Edited:
I doubt it is the sellers fault...........it it came from the manufacturer like that (most likely) I would find a better quality manufacturer. You can't buy a Ruger and expect Colt Quality.
My Rugers have all had very good fit and finish. I own a few. In this day and age, this is unacceptable from Ruger, because they can and do, do better. Now you can be a gear snob about it and say spend 3k on some unobtanium pistol, but that is just snobbery. Ruger produces many, many pistols without blemishes, unless I have been so lucky as to have every one I bought be great. My luck is not that good. Computer aided manufacture has definitely cut down on human error to the point I would call this flat out unacceptable.

Everybody has QC issues at some level. There are some absolute dogs of Colts, and S&W. While some are truly masterpieces, there are always a few dogs too in the distribution, and I guarantee you there are some defects from every manufacturer.

If it was me, it would be a non issue. This is a cheap little plastic gun that is designed to not be worried about.

On the other hand, if it was sold as a new gun, and you are not happy with the quality, then by all means turn it down.

I still don't totally understand...Previously owned but unfired, or sold to you brand new as the first owner?

Either way...If you decide to keep it, call Ruger, demand a return shipping label, and have them fix it. There's really not much to fix, so they'd probably replace it.

And not for one second would I suggest this flaw would have only happened because it is a Ruger. Mass produced guns can have QC issues regardless of the manufacturer.

Black color hides flaws really well. Lighter color, not so much. Factory new for cheap guns doesn't mean flawless. I don't think my wife cares about that little mark. You probably get what you paid for. I quit using gunbroker since I want to see and feel the gun I want to buy.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews