JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What? As a WA resident, I can pay to have an Oregon CPL, but I CANNOT transfer a gun in OR since I'm an out of state resident? I came across a baby Desert Eagle that I wanted and drove the 3+ hours only to find this out. All on me of course for not doing my homework, but I would have NEVER thought I would have encountered this. OR law is no better than WA law, however we can at least pump our own gas ;P

Can a Washington resident transfer a long gun in Oregon? Supposed to meet a memner tomorrow, but hate to do the 2 hour drive to find out that we can't do it.

Federal law prohibits a resident of one state from taking possession of a handgun in a state where he is not a resident, unless he has an FFL. This is not a 1639 issue.

Yep, federal law.
2 yrs ago I was flying to VA (Dulles) a lot and was feeling hinky about checking my handgun. Not because I didn't know how, but because even a tiny diversion could land me in DC, Baltimore, or NYC... that would be very bad if I had to take posession of my luggage
I had the bright idea to mail a "spare" gun to a VA FFL and I'd pick it up on the other end... nope.

In VA I could have somebody (VA resident) pick it up and just give it to me. In OR and WA it would have to be transferred. That's where state law comes into it.

Also, OR and WA CHL/CPLs hold 0 sway when purchasing. In some states a ccl means something, but not here, not anymore.

My last transfer in OR, about 3-weeks ago, for a bolt-action rifle was fast and easy, have no idea if OR CHL made a difference or not. I would think it should considering all the agencies and databases OR sheriff has to check before saying yes to the CHL.

I give up trying to find a pattern. Maybe that's by design; keep the good guys guessing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top