JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems MomsDemand is getting nervous about all the counties (and now cities) are standing up to their agenda. In the latest Oregon Firearm Federation (OFF) update here, we get a glimpse at the letter they are sending (shortcut link). A couple observations:

1. "the bill includes reasonable exceptions for self-defense, hunting, and transfers between immediate family members." The bill? Care to share? It sounds as if something is already drafted and being shared with special interest groups. If they have access to it and already know what the exemptions are, I/we should have access to it as well. I'll be asking the judiciary committee for a copy...

2. 48% fewer law enforcement officers killed by handguns in states with background checks... except it isn't true for Oregon. In fact, its 49% fewer in Oregon compared to those same states. Here's <broken link removed> to prove their own claim compared to Oregon. Look at the 2nd page for Oregon s rate and compare it to the front page. Thank you, Everytown :D

3. The last one, about denials, we all know are not all dangerous or mentally ill people. Just reading the Oregon State Police reports tells us that 20% right off the bat are false positives, and that something like 0.02% (8 arrests out of 37,500 checks) isn't stopping crime for the amount of time put into it. Besides that, we shouldn't be counting the score by 'denials'. Isn't the goal to reduce crime? That's like saying my football team won because I had more fans in the stands, even though I didn't put more points on the board.

Anyways, I thought I would share.

Last Edited:
I tired to find a ridiculous analogy more ludicrous than gun-sense, I hope I hit the mark.

I just finished listening to the OFF alert for the BradyCampaign/GinnyBurdick public teleconference to try and motivate their followers. They had telephone polls during the talk to engage listeners. The first poll question was: what motivates you to pass background checks?
Choices? Keep guns out of the hands of [criminals, domestic abusers, mentally ill, fugitives from law]
Survey response? (not sure how many participating)
Criminals - 49%
Domestic abusers - 17%
Mentally ill - 18%
Fugitives from law - 16%

I found it interesting considering in Oregon ~83% of deaths are suicide, ~12-13% are homicides (the remaining accidents and legal interventions). Just about the complete opposite of the followers polling. Maybe a point to make to the anti's when debating them and they keep bringing up fear of crime as a reason for passing background checks.

Dear MOMs DEMAND, You need to concentrate your law making efforts by focusing
and homing in on the root of the problem, namely criminals. you may want to look at laws that out law criminal behavior. That way the law abiding gun owners and sportsman will
be out of the loop and will be free to go about their business with out worry.
Remember laws for criminals only not for the law abiding gun owners.

............................ Jack

I was somehow called and connected to the town hall for Burdick. It was all the same old lies. They cited Armslist.com as a place where you could buy guns on the internet without a background check. I tried to ask a question about did Burdick know that all internet sales have to go through a licensed dealer and a background check, but they ran out of time. What they are calling "anonymous internet sales" are sales from classified ads that end up being face to face sales, but they make it sound like you can anonymously order a gun from Georgia and have UPS deliver it to you in Oregon. One guy did ask an embarrassing question, but they simply "misunderstood" him and answered the question they wanted to answer.

Remember, it's not about crime or public safety - Moms Demand Bloomberg are paid mouthpieces for the wealthy who want to control you. Nothing more than Judas goats helping to lead the rest to tyranny.

What we need is a bill that defines a firearm transfer in Oregon as a permanent or temporary exchange of a firearm in exchange for "valuable consideration". "Valuable consideration" is a legal term from contract law. It means anything of value, including a promise of future payment. That would exempt temporary transfers between friends and family, firearm loans to friends, etc. from their background check statutes. That way any "transfer" legislation would affect only sales and rentals.

" It sounds as if something is already drafted and being shared with special interest groups. If they have access to it and already know what the exemptions are, I/we should have access to it as well. I'll be asking the judiciary committee for a copy..."

" It sounds as if something is already drafted and being shared with special interest groups. If they have access to it and already know what the exemptions are, I/we should have access to it as well. I'll be asking the judiciary committee for a copy..."

LOL. A bunch of politicians that seem to have lost the ability to speak!

I was somehow called and connected to the town hall for Burdick. It was all the same old lies. They cited Armslist.com as a place where you could buy guns on the internet without a background check. I tried to ask a question about did Burdick know that all internet sales have to go through a licensed dealer and a background check, but they ran out of time. What they are calling "anonymous internet sales" are sales from classified ads that end up being face to face sales, but they make it sound like you can anonymously order a gun from Georgia and have UPS deliver it to you in Oregon. One guy did ask an embarrassing question, but they simply "misunderstood" him and answered the question they wanted to answer.

One speaker was Dan Gross. Did you catch the other guys name?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top