JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you ever driven 101? That's the normal state of affairs on that road, besides after the tidal wave washes all that Fukushima debris onto shore the entire coast will be irradiated so no need to repair anything!

Really makes one wonder about the mindset of preppers who choose to live on the Oregon/Washington coast.

Its nothing new I suppose. For hundreds of years, the Italian government has had to chase people off from building houses on the slopes of Vesuvius.

Oh well . . . "Think of it as evolution in action."

Don't forget about Mt. Hood...

"The last eruptive period began in 1781 and affected the White River as well as Sandy River valleys."

and Mt. Rianier!

"The last magmatic eruption was about 1,000 years ago. Extensive hydrothermal alteration of the upper portion of the volcano has contributed to its structural weakness promoting collapse. An active thermal system driven by magma deep under the volcano has melted out a labyrinth of steam cave beneath the summit icecap. "

Quotes from the USGS

Every time I see a flurry of OMG natural Disaster! stories I know that Govt Grant time is just around the corner.
The PNW is prone to volcanic activity as is the entire Pacific Rim, not to mention Tornadoes, Blizzards and hoards of Raging Beavers.
Still, it's safer here than near the southern border, where walnut farmers are having their nuts stolen

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top