JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Standard Time -vs- Day Light Savings Time -vs- Stay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wake up and get up about the same time regardless of the clock, so the main benefit to me is the daylight hours match my body clock better. I am photo sensitive (like Superman, but without the super powers) - so I like more daylight during my waking hours.

When I worked in Fairbanks during the summer, I had a lot more energy.

I like the change. It breaks things up. Yeah, boring life!

And, aren't there more important things to dick around with? Our roads and bridges are falling apart. Homelessness has gone nuts in the last 5-10 years, and I don't see ANYTHING being done for that? Uh, another damned bridge needs to be built across the Columbia sometime. Wouldn't now be better than 10 years from now? Better yet, TEN years ago. o_O Getting more police on the streets in city, county and state? But noooooo, they want to sit there in Salem worried about setting clocks twice a year.

I like the change. It breaks things up. Yeah, boring life!

And, aren't there more important things to dick around with? Our roads and bridges are falling apart. Homelessness has gone nuts in the last 5-10 years, and I don't see ANYTHING being done for that? Uh, another damned bridge needs to be built across the Columbia sometime. Wouldn't now be better than 10 years from now? Better yet, TEN years ago. o_O Getting more police on the streets in city, county and state? But noooooo, they want to sit there in Salem worried about setting clocks twice a year.
Lol, that about right. All the things wrong in the world.

And...

Local Government is assigning a task force and 1.7368 million to determine if daylight saving is worth it.

SettingStonehengeForward.jpg

I'd like to go a different direction entirely and propose a graduated version of Daylight Savings Time that's more in tune today's obsession with Social Justice. The time stays the same but you adjust the time you keep by the following:
  • If you are genetically a male, and identify as a male you get up one hour earlier (-1).
  • If you are not genetically a male regardless of how you self identify, you get to stay in bed one hour longer (+1)
  • If you self identify as non-male regardless of genetic disposition,you get to stay in bed one hour longer (+1)
  • If you are straight, another hour early (-1)
  • If you ever questioned your sexual orientation, including that one time in a fox hole* then no adjustment is needed. (0)
  • If you are bisexual, sleep in one more hour (+1)
  • If you are transgender, you get an additional hour (+1)
  • Add one extra hour for each time you got gender reassignment surgery to match your newly identified sexuality.
  • If you are employed and make more than minimum wage get up one more hour early (-1)
  • If you are unemployed sleep in four extra hours (+4)
  • If you are unemployed because of face tattoos or prosthetic face enhancements go for another two hours (+2)
  • If you voted Republican you get another one hour penalty (-1).
  • If you voted for you-know-who then it's an additional two hours early (-2) and don't forget the R penalty above.
  • If you voted Hillary then sleep in one more hour (+1)
  • Bernie voters get four additional hours of sack time (+4)
  • If you have ever been triggered by a micro-agression,perceived,real,or imaginary you get an additional two hours (+2)
  • If you were denied access to a safe space when you felt oppressed for any reason you also get two hours (+2)

Example 1: If you are a straight (-1) non-person of color (-1) male (-1) that does not an atheist or belongs to an oppressed religion (-1) has a job and makes more than minimum wage and you normally start work at 8:00 AM you now punch the clock at 3:00 AM. In addition you are no longer allowed to sleep in on the weekends. This is also the only category of person required to fill out and file their Fair Share Savings Time form 1119873B and file with their employer under penalty of an additional four hour loss of sleep.

Example 2: If you are a non-white (+1) gender fluid (+1) non genetic male (+1) who self identifies as a carrot (+1) and is unemployed (+4) and voted Bernie (+4) and you normally crawl out of bed for a coke, some chips and a bong hit around 1:00 PM you can now sleep in until Midnitish or whatever floats your boat.

*Just clarifying for @Stomper

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads