JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Supposedly he found a mate here in Southern Oregon and we should know if they had pups by June. Oh great more threats to the hunting. Unless managed correctly this will go just as bad as the efforts in Northeast Oregon. News article is attached.

<broken link removed>

Elk herds of Gallatin Valley and Paradise area leading into Yellowstone have been decimated by wolves. Now, we have wolves. Oh goodie! Even though these are Canadian wolves, now the tree huggers will be able to hear them howling in the wilds of Oregon. The uncontrolled cougars didn't do enough damage to the deer population here. So we now have wolves that our complicit ODFW will codel.

And it's only going to get worse!! Between the cats and wolves we will be lucky to hunt the Mt. Emily, Snake River, Minam, Wallowa, Pine Creek, Chesnimus units because the wolves needed to be brought back. By the time my kids are old enough we will most likely have to bring back the elk herds. Look at whats happened in Idaho and use it as an example!!!! Sad commentary and supported by people who don't even spend any time outdoors.

Last year, didn't mention wolves but calf numbers way down, herds smaller, meaner.
<broken link removed> , some folks think that's worth celebrating.
"Studies" suggest wolf re-introduction isn't a major issue in elk numbers declining.
Since the tree-huggers took over, there's more interest in marbled murrilets (never saw one) and spotted owls. Killed the timber industry, closed most of the mills.

Forest replanting is good, but some deciders seem to have a narrow focus, not looking at the bigger picture.

Dept of Fish and Game Wildlife is funded by hunting and fishing fees. They complain there is less revenue, but turn a blind eye to the hunters that give up because the rules are almost indicipherable, land that is roaded gets closed and called wilderness. Hello, stupids! Why aren't you nurturing your income stream?! Notice that "Game" is crossed out. The non-payers convinced the deciders to join their anti-human religion.

Yes, I wrote "anti-human religion". When there's not enough deer, elk, land to support the returning predators, what shall they then eat?

Ever wonder why some species were eradicated in earlier times?
Competition with humans is the reason. They eat the same flesh we do.
Predators eat game, and eat cows, horses, sheep, dogs, cats etc.
Human is on the menu, hence the stories of "Little Red Riding Hood" and "Three Little Pigs" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America
Bears need to eat. Even Russian Bears.
Cats get hungry
Coyotes gotta eat
Predators of the two legged kind.

Supposedly, the biggest threat to Elk is not wolves, cougar or indeed any predator.

It's wild horses.

They destroy habitat and guard watering holes. And even the BLM cannot do anything, due to the mustang lobby.

http://mag.audubon.org/articles/conservation/saddle-sores

Between developers destroying habitat, and uncontrolled species, the next generation may have a very different hunting experience than what we enjoy today.

And now of course these idiots want an increase in license fees. What a total joke. I've always purchased a Sportsmans PAC, even though I never used half the stuff in it under the mistaken assumption I'd help things out. They will be having public meetings around the state. Time to get involved.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews