JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, not cool at all. It is, like 2" above the slide. I know it is hard to jump into the optics game, but you really truly want it as low as possible. The highest I would ever go is either a more temporary-type rear sight dovetail mount OR having LoneWolf drill mounting screws holes and simply screw the optic right into the slide.

But the best is still milling a slide. Even MOS is too high, in my opinion.

That is also part of what drew me to the sig, it is milled from the factory, no worry of milling it and hurting the resale value. Plus this way I get to test a red dot pistol the way it should be.

I compete with a Sig 320 X5, but I'm not convinced that losing the rear sight is good enough for self defense. The 320 RX model, however, maintains the rear sight. I really think that is essential.

I compete with a Sig 320 X5, but I'm not convinced that losing the rear sight is good enough for self defense. The 320 RX model, however, maintains the rear sight. I really think that is essential.

I am inclined to agree, for a competition gun it doesn't matter, but a gun you might trust your life to backup irons are essential.

By the way, I hear a lot about the general "common knowledge" that one need only line up the sights and VOILA there is your dot. That may work for folks who never actually shoot. But after hundreds (or thousands in my case) of presentations from a holster, your body begins to know how to line up the dot immediately, without any reference to the sights. This process is one of the many benefits of pistol competition, especially for running a dot.

Additionally, having iron sights helps immensely with being able to quickly find the dot.

*Edit*

As CHLChris said, the iron sights are not necessary for finding the dot after you've developed muscle memory, but they are certainly helpful in creating that muscle memory.

Last Edited:
Pull the trigger on a P320 RX. Had some Cabela's gift cards burning a hole in my pocket from Christmas and picked one up.

Still getting used to the trigger after shooting Glocks for the last 5 years. Red dot is pretty awesome but definately takes some getting used to.

Good point keeseckb, that's why all my Sig pistols are single-action only (SAO) models. I've heard that Gray Guns in Spray, OR has some nice trigger upgrades for the DA/SA Sigs.

I'm no expert here but it's weird how the Glock and Sig are both striker fired but seem to feel so much differently. It seems like the Sig has less pull weight, but when you go through the take-up and hit the wall, there seems to be more travel past the wall than a Glock. The break on the Sig is crisper and lighter than the Glock but that extra travel after take-up throws me off.

I've been eye balling the Gray Guns trigger upgrades and may have to try that. Good to know that they are in OR too. This gun is just for fun and maybe/might dabble in some competition shooting some day.

I really like optics on handguns now that I am used to them. Like others have said, there is an adjustment period but once that's over, it's a really nice feature. Just picked up a Walter P5 match the other day and mounted a 2.5 MOA DPP on it tonight. Feels really good in the hand and great factory trigger. Looking forward to shooting it in the next week or so. The glocks I've had for a while. Not a huge fan of the 21 due to the grip feeling like a 2x4, but love the 19. Both glocks co-witness with the suppressor sights.

4A871E12-AB4C-459D-8DFF-32788318AD32.jpeg
22938E9F-24C2-47B8-870B-7511EE0A3D50.jpeg B46CEE32-3791-4F9C-BBC3-E7DAB865DACE.jpeg

399278-d073a7c56f9ef51694f50bf2f7ddd76f.jpg
I have a apex trigger on my 320rx and x-carry grip module. Trigger is easy to install
and has a nice feel to it, you can get just the trigger or they have a kit that shorten
travel of the take up.

No, not cool at all. It is, like 2" above the slide. I know it is hard to jump into the optics game, but you really truly want it as low as possible. The highest I would ever go is either a more temporary-type rear sight dovetail mount OR having LoneWolf drill mounting screws holes and simply screw the optic right into the slide.

But the best is still milling a slide. Even MOS is too high, in my opinion.

Well after 7 years and with 1000's of satisfied customers I will leave it at you are entitled to your opinion. ;)

I keep hear rumors of Glock coming out with their own. Still waiting and want one with sights high enough to co mingle, and barrel that is threaded for a can, should they ever be declared out of ATF jurisdiction, and considered an accessory. There are those who now make ready to go now. I have no idea if they are fool proof, but they are somewhere near $2000. Raw slides were running $350 and my personal thought would be once assembled, it would stay that way.

I bought a G19 Gen 5 MOS in December and added a Burris Fastfire III.

There's been a bit of misinformation in the thread regarding the MOS Glocks...

You can easily find suppressor sights that co-witness with the Glock. The height of said sights depends on the red dot you utilize. The Fastfire III is the tallest. I bought a set of Meprolight sights for $50 and they work just fine. But, I never use them and I am considering removing them since the front drags on the holster when drawing.

I competed in my first match with it and was concerned I'd lose precious time acquiring the red dot. Nope. Wasn't an issue.

I'm happy with the pistol, but as I CCW it quite often, the RDS does add noticeable bulk. Might remove the RDS after this match series if my scores don't go up a bit more and install it on something else.

w19hhK2UQIeUBguoDTJh0Q.jpg

Thanks I wondered about the holster issues. I know that I found it was a toss up for me when using a mounted light. Great for clearing rooms when you don't have a third hand to open doors with. But days and general use, just a general G22. Is there much difference in MOS prices. Haven't seen any locally, but that doesn't mean they aren't available. Is there a reason you chose RDS sight over some of the others?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top